assemblaggio-03.png

assemblaggio-04.png

safety-assemblata.png

squat.png

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
GA!!!! My niggah. Kicking ass, as usual.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I don't get the fascination with the SSB. Is the straight bar really causing everyone so much shoulder discomfort? I think everyone should do more shoulder mobility work.... just saying....

I can overhead squat. Zero mobility issues with me. I recommend it to pretty much everyone for a few reasons.

1. Conjugate
2. Conjugate
3. Conjugate
4... you see where I am going with this.

Suspended good morning good morning front squat back squat box squat. The bar makes most excellent squatters look like complete morons if you have the bars with the brutal camber.

But yes the shoulder issues too.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Maybe I'll break it out for an assisting lift like my pause squats.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
You need to get a safety squat bar. Maybe turn a few tricks if you have to.

I love the SSB more than coffee, bourbon, sleeping, AND lifting put together. BI it IS magic and highly recommended for shits n gigs and longevity n'at.

I'm with you GA, any more and my tiny tiny woman wrists and shoulders dislike straight bar sq. Hope you don't get the itis.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I love the SSB more than coffee, bourbon, sleeping, AND lifting put together. BI it IS magic and highly recommended for shits n gigs and longevity n'at.

I'm with you GA, any more and my tiny tiny woman wrists and shoulders dislike straight bar sq. Hope you don't get the itis.

I have one at my gym. I may use it for my paused squats. It would certainly be a different change of pace. It could be worth a shot. We got a Swiss bar and it's done wonders for my bench so ya'll may be onto something.....

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Elite Totals & Golden Oreos

Monday - May 16, 2016
SFB Bully Yoga
Wave 2 // Week 7

Competition Squat
135 x 8
135 x 5
225 x 3
225 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 3

w/wraps
405 x 3
455 x 3
485 x 3 @9

Fatigue Drop (no wraps)
385 x 3
385 x 3
385 x 3
385 x 3 @9

3" Block Pulls
315 x 3
405 x 3
455 x 3
475 x 3 @10

Bulgarian Split Squats
BW x 7
20 x 7
30 x 7
40 x 7
50 x 7 @8

292.0 lbs

CarbNite turned into Beer Day, which was followed by CarbNite Saturday and Sunday. Friday was BourbonMania too. Weight a bit high but vascularity was on point today... Slow, steady work is showing slow, steady changes in my physique. Can't wait til the strength comes back.

Squat form was money today except for my right hip kinda popping and that same knee doing some weird shit on a few reps... Got the speed wobbles. Had fun and worked hard.

Last edited:
Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
strong work big homie....didn't you mention Duffin's mobility work at one point? ...I remember seeing a warmup vid he had on Youtube, that seemed to address hip issues, I think it was with Supertraining...

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Nice work!

Are your fatigue drops on squat days always going to be down to non-wrapped knees? I think that's a pretty decent idea especially if you hit a few triples with the wraps on already.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Man we need to party.
In and out of gym.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Killin it dude!

Good work GA, is you hip popping only when you squat? or is it when you do any sort of rotation of the hip? I have the same issue/

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
strong work big homie....didn't you mention Duffin's mobility work at one point? ...I remember seeing a warmup vid he had on Youtube, that seemed to address hip issues, I think it was with Supertraining...
Thanks, my dude.
And you're right:
I did the Duffin warmups and it seemed to bother me after awhile. Lower back was on fire before starting the lifts... Especially after the hip airplanes. Not sure why it was so taxing - I've incorporated much of his Scottish hip mobility stuff - regularly doing the frog stretch with great results - but I've gone the route of mobility work prior to lifting so I can maximize the ROM. That's also helped me get into a much more natural squatting position. When I first tried breaking at the hips instead of the knees my motion was wonky... Two parts to the descent rather than a fluid drop. It's becoming more natural now.

Nice work!

Are your fatigue drops on squat days always going to be down to non-wrapped knees? I think that's a pretty decent idea especially if you hit a few triples with the wraps on already.
I really wanted to squat some heavy weight yesterday but didn't want to wrap for the fatigue drop so I took 50 lbs off the top set to account for the wrap assistance and then took the 10% from that. It kinda worked out perfect... The first two sets of fatigue drop sets flew up and felt great. On the last two I was fuxking toast!

Man we need to party.
In and out of gym.
Truth!

Killin it dude!

Good work GA, is you hip popping only when you squat? or is it when you do any sort of rotation of the hip? I have the same issue/
I only noticed it yesterday. I hope it isn't a regular occurrence...

There is something that's been kinda strange happening lately... Imagine lying on your back with the soles of your feet touching each other, then raising your hips up and away from the floor. There's all types of crunching happening there and it relieves a ton of pressure on my lower back. It feels amazing and disgusting at the same time.

Lower back problems + hip problems + flexibility issues + 2[I don't like what's on the radio] = old man

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic