Members
Latest Member
jacobss

elbow sleeve help

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Looking for my daughter. Im aware of sbd and rehband. She is a bit on the small side for those. Are there any other brands out there? If so, id appreciate a point in that direction. Also, id appreciate anything i should stay away from

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Is she pressing heavy enough at this point to need sleeves?

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
As with a l9t of female lifters she is lacking in upper body strength. Trying to find something to aide her. Its not about pressing enough weight as much as it is proactive protection. Even if its primarily a acebo effect, a confidence boost is a confidence boost.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
As with a l9t of female lifters she is lacking in upper body strength. Trying to find something to aide her. Its not about pressing enough weight as much as it is proactive protection. Even if its primarily a acebo effect, a confidence boost is a confidence boost.

I would say try the slingshot compression cuffs. Just remember elbow sleeves wouldn't be permitted in a meet.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I would say try the slingshot compression cuffs. Just remember elbow sleeves wouldn't be permitted in a meet.

Really, thanks i wasnt aware of that. I assumed since knee sleeves were allowed the elbow would also.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Really, thanks i wasnt aware of that. I assumed since knee sleeves were allowed the elbow would also.

Nope, no elbow sleeves in a meet but wrist wraps are allowed.

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
You have to ask yourself what you hope to achieve by adding in an elbow sleeve. While they are all catagorized as the same piece of assistance equipment there are many different options to choose from that all offer different support. Some are designed with very little support in mind and more for warming the joint, while others are used strictly as support assistance to the joint.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
You have to ask yourself what you hope to achieve by adding in an elbow sleeve. While they are all catagorized as the same piece of assistance equipment there are many different options to choose from that all offer different support. Some are designed with very little support in mind and more for warming the joint, while others are used strictly as support assistance to the joint.

Doesnt matter now. Since they cannot be used in a meet, there is no need for them.

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
Well, thats not entirely true. Doesn't matter how strong you are day of the meet if your suffering from severe tendonitis or tendonosis. Take it from someone who has competed for years, injury and pain reduction/prevention is and should be very high on the list. It can kill you the day of a meet if you are not keeping it check. Using training assistance tools can help more than most give it credit for

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Well if you read the original post its pretty clear who and what they were for. So again in this case they are no longer needed.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic