Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

EGGIES. A new take on hard boiled eggs.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Garlic and parmasan, bacon cheddar, chive , Damn i could dream these up for days.

Sucks i have to wait 3 months to do it. Oh well the wife will have plenty of practice bu then.

D

deturdetox

Jan 27, 2012
i went ahead and threw mine in the garbage!! it is really time consuming to get these things rolling and then if you over cook them the tops kinda unscrew and its a big mess SERIOUSLY!!! My ole'lady just looked at me when this happened and said" Sure looks like you saved time" !! boil em' and eat em'. the end.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
i went ahead and threw mine in the garbage!! it is really time consuming to get these things rolling and then if you over cook them the tops kinda unscrew and its a big mess SERIOUSLY!!! My ole'lady just looked at me when this happened and said" Sure looks like you saved time" !! boil em' and eat em'. the end.

I got mine at walmart so I could return them, the top wouldn't screw all the way on, huge fail!....

BUT a more convienent way to shell them is you do the standard bring to boil, let sit desired time, flush with cold water and ice until its cold, let cool a few mins... drain off some of the water, then cover and shake pan side to side etc, letting the eggs bump into each other over and over for a few minutes until all shell has dislodged from egg pull put shelled eggs, throw in a ziploc and you're good

D

deturdetox

Jan 27, 2012
I got mine at walmart so I could return them, the top wouldn't screw all the way on, huge fail!....

BUT a more convienent way to shell them is you do the standard bring to boil, let sit desired time, flush with cold water and ice until its cold, let cool a few mins... drain off some of the water, then cover and shake pan side to side etc, letting the eggs bump into each other over and over for a few minutes until all shell has dislodged from egg pull put shelled eggs, throw in a ziploc and you're good

got mine from walmart also but i was so frustrated i seriously just pitched them.... im going to try your method on the eggs today!!

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
i dont think it is going to save that much time. think about it, you have to wash them, grease them, crack the egg and make sure you get it in the thingy, cook them and start all over. and they are pretty big so you cant boil as many so it takes you twice as long to boil the same number of eggs. i guess i never thought that peeling an egg was that difficult.

Speak for yourself. I hardboil 20 eggs and end up with about 14 after peeling. They get mutilated in the process then I throw them out of anger.

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
Speak for yourself. I hardboil 20 eggs and end up with about 14 after peeling. They get mutilated in the process then I throw them out of anger.

I HATE peeling eggs with a passion...but its the only way to get good hardboiled eggs

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
LOL that dude's nuts..never think that sort of thing would work

It works you just have to make sure to cool the egg quick enough so it shrinks a lil and the membrane doesn't stick to the shell.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
He said add baking soda, but I'm not sure if he meant to the ice water after its boiled or boil the egg(s) with the baking soda.??

I have the eggies and used em once. Meh...

That's exactly what I was wondering? I couldn't figure that part out either, anybody know? I want to try that.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic