Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Ebola being brought into the USA

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
http://www.boston.com/health/2014/1...la-response/dMYgcRrDrng1Dtli5uRN1M/story.html

• 3:19 p.m. ET: The Ebola response won’t pay for itself. Remember yesterday when President Obama said that an international response was the key to keeping the small outbreak in the United States from becoming a much larger issue? That all starts with money, and the international community isn’t paying up.
The United Nations trust fund set up on Sept. 16 for collecting international donations to stop Ebola in its tracks within the next six months in West Africa has received all of $100,000. The goal? $988 million.
“Our bank account has only $100,000 and this is a very serious problem,” Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said in a press conference this afternoon. “We need urgent global response.”

It must not be much of an issue everyone must be over reacting...

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
Yes I did find and view some of that info.. so it must have been know to "officials" that Ebola has the capacity to be airborne to an unknown {to us} range and degree..

Its shocking that the positive airborne animal transmission studies were completely over looked and the "virus couriers" were still transferred to the USA Hospital facilities.

This virus appears to be a big monster in comparison to Sars - According to WHO, 8,098 people worldwide became sick with SARS during this outbreak{Year 2003}; of these, 774 died.

In regards to the comparison to SARS above....Oh oh it is a monster......without a doubt. My mentioning of SARS was purely in the fact that...hey we had a dry run in regards to what we are up against here it would appear....SARS was horrible....but this is worse....maybe not as infectious since it would appear it's not as transmissible as SARS was. But the end result is a **** of a lot worse.

We had a ****ing royal commission....we had our response scrutinized by the highest point possible....and despite that here we are still sitting on our hands and twirling our dicks like we have no clue.....my point is the lessons were already learned...individuals and organizations were called out onto the carpet......yet we are still not prepared here in ontario.....and that is just sad.....and also completely ridiculous.....frontline healthcare workers are beginning to call bullshit and good for them. I don't know how our minister of health can live with the statements that have been made.

I'm calling you out dr. Hoskins. Do you really believe what you are saying? Your workers are not ready for this....please do something more than lie to the media and public about how ready we are. Please do something more than play lip service to all this so the general public can sleep better at night. You're lying or are misinformed. We are not ready...and if this hits....we are in big trouble.

if we were ready I wouldn't have to explain the need to follow routine precautions to you frontline healthcare workers!

I'm not a religious man...but I pray the unions step in to cause change here before it's too late and people are affected....I see no other action that has the ability to cause change here. I pray the same for you in the US.

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
I just dread of hearing other people have contracted it in the next few weeks....

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
We now have a ''Ebola Czar'...for something that isn't a problem ,easily controlled , not a threat seems to be a lot to do for nothing.

But, it did get ISIS and muslim terrorists chopping lil kids and old ladies heads, not to mention American Soldiers, off the tv's..

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
We now have a ''Ebola Czar'...for something that isn't a problem ,easily controlled , not a threat seems to be a lot to do for nothing. But, it did get ISIS and muslim terrorists chopping lil kids and old ladies heads, not to mention American Soldiers, off the tv's..
DAMMIT!!!! We have been fooled AGAIN!!!! Great diversionary tactics Mr. Obama!...SMH!!!!!!

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
"Ebola Czar" who is a career Democratic political hack with absolutely no medical background whatsoever. :rolleyes:

He's just going to be there to spin and lie in a full time capacity about anything and everything related to ebola.

We've become a nation under Obama led by political correctness and propaganda rather than safety and common sense.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
"Ebola Czar" who is a career Democratic political hack with absolutely no medical background whatsoever. :rolleyes:

He's just going to be there to spin and lie in a full time capacity about anything and everything related to ebola.

We've become a nation under Obama led by political correctness and propaganda rather than safety and common sense.
dont blame me, i voted for the other guys :)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
We now have a ''Ebola Czar'...for something that isn't a problem ,easily controlled , not a threat seems to be a lot to do for nothing.

But, it did get ISIS and muslim terrorists chopping lil kids and old ladies heads, not to mention American Soldiers, off the tv's..
Now that gets my attention in a very interesting way. I have said all along that this is overhyped. It is consuming every conversation. And nobody is taking about isis, benghazi, irs, fast and furious et al...

It never even occurred to me that this is diversion.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic