Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Early Morning Lifting

L

lennoxchi

Nov 20, 2012
I know I'm not the only one who lifts in the morning but my question is this.

What do you currently eat or consume before you train?

Here's why I ask, 4am wake, by 5 i'm on the gym floor which really only leaves me enough time to consume a pre w/o which i'm very badly in need of at 4:30am. so i have a hard time getting a meal in or even a shake due to it not digesting by the time i lift, i hate lifting with a full belly.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Have a shake so it's easily digested and you're body isn't trying to break that down while your in the gym lifting.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I lift early morning before work as well.

I never have anything except maybe a G2 with some creatine and/or citrulline malate and a caffeine tablet or two.

But I also eat dinner very late, usually between 9:30-10:00 pm, right before bed.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
That's something else that some won't like but you can eat a very large dinner (before bed) and that will have a huge positive impact on your lifting the next morning.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I train first thing on an empty stomach. Always have . I don't have any reason, it's just what I do

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
That's something else that some won't like but you can eat a very large dinner (before bed) and that will have a huge positive impact on your lifting the next morning.

I've definitely noticed doing this, it helps with the next morning a lot. If I eat enough the night before I don't have to eat anything before training.

If I didn't eat a lot the night before, lately I've been eating a small container of Coconut yogurt.

Just like BI mentioned, don't eat too much, just enough to get you through.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I thought I was the only one who ate late, I have a protein shake in the morning with some dry oats in it then off to the gym..

L

lennoxchi

Nov 20, 2012
i normally do this and actually see results with not much fat gain, my macros are protein and simple carbs but i do a psudo-carb backloading diet so the simple carbs are needed for the next days workout.

i got an idea from FLEXjs's post. what about a gatorade that already has the protein in it, that wouldnt taste like asshole when i add my pre w/o crap to it.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
May I suggest old school powdered Gatorade? It is sweetend with dextrose rather than hfcs and the chemicals that are in the bottled and the new formulas. Additionally, using powder allows you to control the amount for flavor.

L

lennoxchi

Nov 20, 2012
i hear ya, the reason i suggested the gatorade with protein already in it is i only have flavored protein and the mixture of that and pre w/o would taste poor

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
One other thing to note is that if the last meal is very large you'll have a hard time sleeping.

T

Torres

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2013
I've gone to the gym in the morn w only a pre workout in my stomach. Can't eat b4 the gym it just makes me feel like shit . But I look forward to training after work. All the stress of the day goes out the window and I get to enjoy my training more , IMO . But I have a 4 year old , so sometimes it just falls into whenever I can get into the gym , either morn or nite !!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic