jacobss
What's New?

DSIP anyone use?

956Vette

956Vette

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2010
Any thoughts on something else to use?
When time is of the essence for rest, Lunesta is my crutch (find it is less habitual compared to ambien, which I enjoy too much). Eszopiclone is gross initially, tastes metallic...however morning grogginess is reasonably easy to shake.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I can't sleep in a strange place very well and if my wife is not in bed with me I don't sleep at all so sleep studies are probably out unfortunately. My dreams are very real life and very similar just different "players" each time. I have had dream interpreters try to explain why I am always on the run and fighting. They said my mind is in turmoil over unresolved issues that make me want to run from them. For example, two nights ago I walked into the wrong store and before anyone saw me I walked back out and went into the restaurant I was meeting my wife and daughter. Several drug cartel thugs from the other building came in and asked Who walked into their place we acted confused and said we knew nothing so the guy stuck a spoon into my daughter's mouth between her teeth and punched her in the chin so all her teeth came out. Tried to stop them but they held me and made me watch. I have very seriously fucked up dreams like this every single night. Most are not this violent but I am always running and hiding from someone. I'm John Wick within the Guns and ass-kicking ability. I move so slowly in my dreams. I am sure this all stems from my past life (I'm a much nicer, calmer, reasonable man now compared to years ago.)

So even if I sleep I think my mind is still running at full throttle.
That's intense! Now we are getting out of my depth. At this point I would go still see a sleep's doctor and if your wife has to sleep in the room with you I'm sure they could accommodate. It would probably also require thorough history environment and medication. The two biggest dream interpreters were Freud and Jung you will get two different answers depending on who's philosophy you follow. Do I believe dreams are trying to tell us something or process something yes but it is impossible for other people to interpret them they would hold up to a scientific method. Because if I was a dream interpreter and told somebody they have unresolved trauma or issues statistically I'm going to be correct. Even if I said you were afraid or had fear of something statistically I would be correct again. So I don't think I would in my opinion waste your time trying to interpret them.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I really appreciate your input. As crazy/violent it sounds I'm a very calm and overly compassionate person.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I really appreciate your input. As crazy/violent it sounds I'm a very calm and overly compassionate person.
I understand that I am the same way I'm one of the calmest people I know. it is very rare for me to be show anger. My biggest concern is acting out your dreams or the transitioning of waking up where you could be very disorientated and still believe you're in a dream state. Not trying to be pushy at all this is more contingency planning what if something happened to your wife or she cannot be with you for a period of time, how easily could you adapt to that situation? What impact would that have on the daughter if she were staying with you?
I know those are questions nobody wants to answer but if I'm going to offer my opinion I would be negligent in my duties if I were not to ask you to consider them.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
@Thrawn I really appreciate your input and not downplaying it at all. The moment I wake up everything is instantaneous gone. I've had the same thoughts but never has been an issue (been with my wife 34 years).

I'm going to see my GP in a couple of weeks I'll ask for some recommendations from her, I know her very well so she'll be open with me.

Thank you again definitely something I need to look into more

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic