Members
Latest Member
Joannafit

Drug free meets

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The closest Fed you will find to what you are looking for is probably USAPL. That said, even there - there is no perfect testing protocol, and even if I was drug free, I probably wouldn't lift in the USAPL.

As others have said, you are better off going in with the attitude of "I will lift against anyone."

Just my opinion but FVCK the USAPL... holier than thou assclowns.

Pick a meet, train for it, and go bend some bars.

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
USAPL isn't going to test everyone.. it's supposed to be "random," but a lot of times specific people get picked out. That being said, if you set a state or national record you automatically have to be tested before the record can be put on the books.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Wow.... lots of stuff to address here...... starting with the useful stuff that the OP asked about...

There are LOTS of drug free meets. Honestly, just stay away from the drug free federations and you're usually okay. Go to an APF, UPA, or IPA meet.... they offer both tested and non at the same meets so there's no reason to fake it.

The "drug free" feds end up with a few scammers who just beat the test or never get tested...... at the higher levels of drug free there are a few guys who push the limit of what is really drug free. That's why I first crossed over in to the open division while still very drug free - no prohormones, no sarms, no HGH..... actually drug FREE.

But, even as a very drug free lifter I made the switch to the open classes because it was more fun. I didn't place as high, but I was legitimately comparing myself to everyone and not trying to be a big fish in a tiny tank.

So, 2 things to consider..... 1 - most federations have guidelines as to what is "drug free". Some say that it's lifetime -zero- drug usage ( not even one).... some say that it's 5 years clean, some say 10 years clean ( really clean, zero cycles) - check that for whatever fed you're looking in to.
So, will you pass a drug test now? Probably...... should you compete drug free? It depends on how desperate you are for a plastic trophy.

As for your numbers...... they're fine. Go compete. It's just as exciting to see my newer teammates battle out their 500lb squats at their local meet as it is for me to see my teammates on stage at the Arnold..... Just go and have fun. Nobody should be comparing a new lifter to the top guys. Go lift for you, and if there's someone close to you in the meet go and hunt them down. Worry about rankings after a few dozen meets.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Wow.... lots of stuff to address here...... starting with the useful stuff that the OP asked about...

There are LOTS of drug free meets. Honestly, just stay away from the drug free federations and you're usually okay. Go to an APF, UPA, or IPA meet.... they offer both tested and non at the same meets so there's no reason to fake it.

The "drug free" feds end up with a few scammers who just beat the test or never get tested...... at the higher levels of drug free there are a few guys who push the limit of what is really drug free. That's why I first crossed over in to the open division while still very drug free - no prohormones, no sarms, no HGH..... actually drug FREE.

But, even as a very drug free lifter I made the switch to the open classes because it was more fun. I didn't place as high, but I was legitimately comparing myself to everyone and not trying to be a big fish in a tiny tank.

So, 2 things to consider..... 1 - most federations have guidelines as to what is "drug free". Some say that it's lifetime -zero- drug usage ( not even one).... some say that it's 5 years clean, some say 10 years clean ( really clean, zero cycles) - check that for whatever fed you're looking in to.
So, will you pass a drug test now? Probably...... should you compete drug free? It depends on how desperate you are for a plastic trophy.

As for your numbers...... they're fine. Go compete. It's just as exciting to see my newer teammates battle out their 500lb squats at their local meet as it is for me to see my teammates on stage at the Arnold..... Just go and have fun. Nobody should be comparing a new lifter to the top guys. Go lift for you, and if there's someone close to you in the meet go and hunt them down. Worry about rankings after a few dozen meets.

Awesome post!

I was at the Arnold this year supporting a teammate even got to be on stage to hand off on bench was an awesome experience.

Things I noticed you don't in local meets:

1. I'm small and have no back mind you I'm over 250lbs on the leaner side of things but you won't see my abs lol.
2. I'm not even close to being extremely strong although I am strong.
3. I'm lacking explosiveness, Brain Carrol pretty much showed a lot of people they are IMO.

This was the double ply meet on Saturday at the Fairgrounds.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic