Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Drug free meets

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Was thinking of doing a powerlifting meet this summer. My question is are the "drug free" meets legit or if I do one will I be up against a bunch of dudes on gear? My stats are:
76 inches tall
297 pounds

current bench 405 by 2
Dead 565 by 2
Max squat ? (i train alone for the most part but can get 405 for 4-6 reps pretty regularly)

I did one cycle about a year ago and actually lost weight but my strength numbers went through the roof 455 bench for 2-3 and a 630 by 2 for DL. Don't really do 1RM because again i train alone. Was a fairly mild cycle 400g test cyp for 12 weeks 30mg dbol ed for 12 days. Was thinking of running the same or similar cycle this spring.

Saw the numbers for past contests and wasn't really blown away by the other peoples numbers. I would get someone to help me prep and train with if I did a meet.

Just hoping for anyone's thoughts or comments that have been in my shoes.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
There are plenty of guys on here that will give you proper powerlifting advice but honestly... You've used gear before, your wanting to cycle again... don't even think about competing at something thats drug free, why would you want to do that, so you can win? Becoming one of the jerks that ruins a sport isn't winning. Compete untested and I'll have a lot more respect for you if you've cycled before, win or lose

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
I say who gives a shit what other guys lift. Go get your total. Focus on your squat as that seems to be your weakest lift.

^^^ this. I just completed my first PL meet and while I wasn't impressive by any means, having a total on the books and having my coach and friends there made all the difference. That's what ended up being rewarding for me.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Compete in whatever fed you want but if you used and plan to use again I'd just compete in a non tested fed. You aren't natural but neither are many of the competitors in the natural feds.

And like POB said... work your squat b/c it's lacking in comparison to your other 2 lifts. Determine your weaknesses in your squat and attack them.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
There are plenty of guys on here that will give you proper powerlifting advice but honestly... You've used gear before, your wanting to cycle again... don't even think about competing at something thats drug free, why would you want to do that, so you can win? Becoming one of the jerks that ruins a sport isn't winning. Compete untested and I'll have a lot more respect for you if you've cycled before, win or lose

I kinda do consider myself natural because at 33 I've done one cycle ever. But my real question was are the Nattie meets really natty. If they are I would probably just do a straight non testing even anyway.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I kinda do consider myself natural because at 33 I've done one cycle ever. But my real question was are the Nattie meets really natty. If they are I would probably just do a straight non testing even anyway.

No they are not so just compete!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
The testing isn't perfect in any sport.

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Do whatever makes you happy man. Who cares what other people think?

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
The closest Fed you will find to what you are looking for is probably USAPL. That said, even there - there is no perfect testing protocol, and even if I was drug free, I probably wouldn't lift in the USAPL.

As others have said, you are better off going in with the attitude of "I will lift against anyone."

O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
Your local meets do not have the resources to test everyone and generally only test a couple who have lifts that are very high for the division. There are cheaters but I find that most natural lifters are drug free, what would be the point, if you want to do a cycle then compete against others who also cycle, not against drug free lifters. Most federations have a number of years that you have to be drug free to compete drug free.
Enjoy the meet and see what you lift, have fun and do better the next meet.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Depends on the area your competing in. Here..we have the WABDL which is supposedly "nattie"

I agree with what is said above. Compete against yourself and your best numbers. Yes, it's a competition but..it's more about setting and achieving your goals and striving for new PRs. (Or PBs..which ever you want to call them!) Basically said..compete. You'll be addicted for life. Guaranteed!

(uh..disclaimer here...although I know you'll be addicted as most of us are..one can never count out the "I can't do it" factor..or what is known as the P*ss out!!!! No..not calling you a p*ssy...covering my assets so I don't get sued and have to compensate when I said..Guaranteed!!!)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic