Drinking water before meals

Discussion in 'Female Misc' started by 88fiona, Jan 1, 2016.

1. 88fiona

88fiona Established Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Is drinking water before meals recommended? If I drink a glass of water before a meal, it takes less of a meal for me to feel satisfied. I'm wondering if doing this for every meal will do good for my weight loss.

What do you think?

2. Littleguy

Littleguy TID Board Of Directors

Sep 30, 2011
    Yes it is an.old weight loss trick to make you eat less

3. Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy MuscleHead

Nov 1, 2012
    It helps to digest the food better

4. IronSoul

IronSoul TID Board Of Directors

Apr 2, 2013
    What LG and Bb both said. It well definitely help you eat less. But make sure you're still meeting your nutritional goals I. Line with your weight loss while doing so. Gotta find that balance so you don't under eat. It will help though

5. juced_porkchop

juced_porkchop VIP Member

Feb 15, 2012
    it may hurt digestion a little (diluted stomach acids) but i wouldent worry about that unless your having poop issues. its a great trick to help stop over eating. i tell others to try it so they dont cram soo much in in one meal. i do it too when not bulking

6. tommyguns2

tommyguns2 Senior Moderators Staff Member

Dec 25, 2010
    I've been using this trick for years, but I found that substituting the water with the large gin martini was more fun. Never quite hit the weight loss goals, but I had forgotten all about that.

rawdeal, jhc005, Lizard King and 3 others like this.
  7. BrotherIron

BrotherIron TID Board Of Directors

Mar 6, 2011
    I always pictured you a more vodka and cranberry guy....

tommyguns2 likes this.
  8. Lena Hunsberger

Lena Hunsberger TID Lady Member

May 30, 2016
    Yes, drinking water before meals helps to loose weight on faster because when we drink lots of water we eat less and it ultimately helps us to loss weight.

9. htu

htu VIP Member

Jan 15, 2012
    It does make you feel full, however it does hinder digestion. Ideally you shouldn't drink with a meal.

10. Helen Miller

Helen Miller TID Lady Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Yes it's a good practice but it is recommended to drink water an half hour before meal.

11. PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance Strength Pimp Staff Member

Feb 27, 2011
    If you're seriously concerned about drinking water during meal times, you have issues. Its water. And food. Your body knows what to do with both... Jesus and I thought the whole don't eat carbs and fats in the same meal thing was bad... good grief.

12. Archer

Archer New Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Yare yare...

Ostensibly, drinking water before eating is just to make you feel fuller so in consequence you eat less.

But it wont contribute to your overall feeling of hunger through the day.

Let say you drink a gallon of water before your meal, will you eat afterwards? Not likely. But after you flush that water out of your system you will feel even hungrier (Because the body made an effort to flush the water).

This is exactly the problem with all that is related to fat loss, we over complicate it. More focus on the basics and for a long period of time will suffice to reach any goal (well, almost).