Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Do You Want To Drop Fat As Fast As Possible?

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I've been in deficit (overall) for over a year. Fat loss stalled for a long time the lower body fat I've gotten. I'm around 13% at the moment. I kind of got off track for a while having increased my calories too much, tricking myself into believing I needed them (which was 2300 calories per day). At 2100 calories per day and the macro spread of around 40/40/20, I lose fat slowly with minimal muscle loss. In fact, my last scan actually showed an increase of muscle. So I feel like I'm pretty close to straddling that line where I can lose fat, yet gain (some small amount) of muscle. Until about six months ago, scans kept showing a marked loss in muscle every time, at which point I increased my protein. Once I did that, the trend stopped. Adding more protein reversed the trend to a (small) net positive. I'd love to be able to gain more strength but currently not willing to release my progress on fat loss. Really want to get down to 8-10%. I have no legitimate reason other than I just want to... it's somewhat of a bucket-list type goal. I also have plastic surgery coming up in April to deal with all of this excess skin that just isn't tightening up around my core and want to be pretty damn close to as lean as I'm going to get in order to minimize the amount of lipo. Again, another bucket-list type goal. It's vanity, plain and simple. Never been able to feel good about my body until this past year. Have made a lot of progress. Always wanted to be able to go to a water park, the beach, or the pool and not feel embarrassed, and I was finally able to do that this year. I'm not a strong guy. I used to say "hard gainer" or whatever, but truth be told, I didn't know what I was doing, and I now realize I've been starved for protein every single time. Once I get down to a PBF where I feel like "ok, this is enough," my coach has said we can start adding calories back but to be prepared to let go of some of that fear of gaining some fat back.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I’m surprised to hear this. Although when I diet down I increase anabolics. What were u running AAS wise? My bloodwork improved a lot but it was a couple months after the cut when I was back on trt. Maybe because I lost visceral fat that was messing up my bloodwork before the cut. I also ran Astragalus during my cut which may have helped my kidney function.
For a majority of it I was just on TRT. I think for 8 weeks I went up to 250 mg of test a week and 40 mg of anavar. This was near the front end of it all. I was also running Astragalus and NAC, but they were not helping towards the end.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
@gbagh agreed, good summary writeup.

Personally, I’d add a conservative low dose of DNP. There is no match to it in terms of burning fat imho. If your diet and exercise are on point, adding DNP will speed up fat burning exponentially.
In your opinion what is low dose DNP?

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
You can't burn fat optimally and have all of your strength to optimally workout.

Just like you can't be ripped and put on size and hit PRs at the same time.

You're either growing and getting stronger or you're getting ripped and losing some muscle and strength. You don't get to do both.
Not exactly. I have lost up to 70 pounds and gotten stronger at the same time. Eating zero carbs. I also did this in a caloric surplus and did no additional cardio. I recently repeating this losing 51 pounds.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Throwing a little controversy into the mix: It is possible (note: I didn’t say easy nor typical) to not only spare, but also increase lean tissue (and most definitely spare) while shedding a fuckton of body fat, AND with very little cardio as well.
Muscle of course is highly metabolically active tissue, and while training effectively along with dialing in the sweet spot of protein and fats via an animal based diet — one CAN retain / lose no muscle, and even gain measurable muscle as body fat is incinerated.
Strength gains are possible concurrently, but more so for the beginner to intermediate trainer. Generally however, a seasoned strength trainer will lose some degree of strength during such a phase.
This is the glorious "recomposition" phase that gets most of us hooked. The sad part is the plateau that usually follows. It can be a cyclical thing as well but that first recomp phase is usually the most productive.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
None of that sounds like any fun to me.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Any of you guys get a dizzy feeling when you cut out carbs. I struggle with this. Maybe I need to titrate down, but life without carbs is a bitch. I do ok with moderately cutting carbs, but just can't go all in. I finally got my doc to prescribe Ozempic and we will see how it goes.

Druss

Druss

Oct 23, 2022
For me when I keto I avoid all carbs, but I do nonsoluble fiber like Metamucil otherwise constipation hell...

@hawkeye its normal your transitioning from carbs to fat-ketones for body fuel, once your used to ketones it goes away, but if your seesawing between carbs and ketones you will always feel like crap because your body will always want to use carbs first. This is why they recommend getting into ketosis asap by avoiding all carbs for the first week. Also once youve done this a few times you get used to going from carbs to fat and you dont notice it as much. Get keto strips to pee on to see if your in ketosis.

Last edited:
testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Any of you guys get a dizzy feeling when you cut out carbs. I struggle with this. Maybe I need to titrate down, but life without carbs is a bitch. I do ok with moderately cutting carbs, but just can't go all in. I finally got my doc to prescribe Ozempic and we will see how it goes.
Carbs have most definitely become an addiction. I say that based on the extent that they’re indulged and over consumed. They are nonessential. Quitting them is as difficult as quitting an addictive drug — sugar/s do in fact operate very much the same as addictive stimulant drugs.
Reducing your amount gradually can ease the process of eliminating or significantly minimizing them.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
For me when I keto I avoid all carbs, but I do nonsoluble fiber like Metamucil otherwise constipation hell...

@hawkeye its normal your transitioning from carbs to fat-ketones for body fuel, once your used to ketones it goes away, but if your seesawing between carbs and ketones you will always feel like crap because your body will always want to use carbs first. This is why they recommend getting into ketosis asap by avoiding all carbs for the first week. Also once youve done this a few times you get used to going from carbs to fat and you dont notice it as much. Get keto strips to pee on to see if your in ketosis.
Using MCT oil will help u get into ketosis faster from what I have heard too. May help u adjust faster.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Carbs have most definitely become an addiction. I say that based on the extent that they’re indulged and over consumed. They are nonessential. Quitting them is as difficult as quitting an addictive drug — sugar/s do in fact operate very much the same as addictive stimulant drugs.
Reducing your amount gradually can ease the process of eliminating or significantly minimizing them.
I normally have just gone cold turkey. It sucks hard for about 3-4 weeks and the sugar withdrawals are hell. But, I have also tried slowly coming off carbs and find its just prolongs it for me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic