Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Do you get exertion headaches

Meathead.

Meathead.

VIP Member
Apr 1, 2011
Im still getting the severe headaches after sex .. haven worked out yet.. since beginning BP medication...

wondering if perhaps just "coming off" is causing these

georgia21

georgia21

Aug 30, 2010
Man I hate exertion headaches I think a lot of it has to do with increased blood pressure.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Old thread but a good one. This happens to me on occasion with or without gear. For me it happens when I go too heavy too fast. If I jump right into heavy squats I almost always get a headache. If I jump right into weighted pull ups sometimes I'll get a migraine like feeling that starts in my traps and goes to the head. For me, a proper warm up usually helps.

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Im still getting the severe headaches after sex .. haven worked out yet.. since beginning BP medication...

wondering if perhaps just "coming off" is causing these

Have to ask, big head or little head?

H

haydes55

Dec 11, 2013
I think this thread is relevant to me. How long after first getting a exertion headache could you return to doing strenuous activity? After a few hours I felt better but still can feel where it hurt. After a walk today it's getting agitated again.

I'll look at getting my BP down and see if that helps.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
I get them every time from this;

Leg press
1 plate per side x40
2 plates per side x 30
3 plates per side x20
4 plates per side 10
only rest is loading plates. ill be dammed if it doesnt get me every time.

TheKat22

TheKat22

Nov 5, 2013
This has happened to me before. When it happened it was after I had been away from the gym for a while and jumped into heavier weights early on in my workout. Headache started in back near my traps and worked into my neck. It got to the point where I felt sick and lightheaded and I just stopped the workout early. I had this happen to me two days in a row and the rest of the week I went slower in the gym, took longer warmups, etc. and by the next week I was fine and able to attack the workout like I normally would. I don't now the medical explanation but for me it seemed like it had to do with being away for a little while and trying to go too hard too soon.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I too but emphasize my breathe. During sets really breathe in an exaggerated manner do deep breathing between it has helped me

H

haydes55

Dec 11, 2013
I too but emphasize my breathe. During sets really breathe in an exaggerated manner do deep breathing between it has helped me

do you find you can't lift as heavy when you breath deep? I think I would be better going lower weight higher reps and get posture and breathing perfect.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
No but but I feel the breathing out is the release and helps , so the deeper in the deeper out just like puddy ;)
Same reason they kiai in karate do

Stevieboy347

Stevieboy347

Aug 16, 2013
Guys, I've looked up on exertion headaches for a while, having suffered them quite often for the last month, nightmare!!They are caused by very strenuous activity, hence the name "exertion" headache. The blood vessels surrounding the brain are under so much pressure they expand passed natural level and push against the wall of nerves, that also surround the brain, more precisely from temple to temple all the way around. Blood vessels push squeeze against the mellinges causing the instant severe headache. Things that help; staying well hydrated (to thin the blood making flow easier), breathing correctly on positive & negative part (which is where I went wrong) and posture. Doc will recommend 2months rest, as you're very susceptible to them for upto 3 months.
Hope this helps dudes!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic