Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

ditched my training partner.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
I'm tired of doing shrugs with his bar on his flat bench, tired of his half assed lift off and screwing my bench set up, and friggin tired of personal training him without getting paid!
he just has to push 315lbs no matter what when he cant even do one full reps(does top 1/4 reps and it needs my hand on the bar). seeing him BB row is even funnier because it looks like high pulls. only thing he cant try to match my weight is deadlift because the bar aint moving lol. and no he wont do legs with me.
he is a boxer with good power but he aint no BB or lifter, and to think he can match me in just couple of years of training didnt sit right with me. I can tell his motive is all about outlifting me in all the lifts, even if it means cheating and doing 1/4 reps, typical boxer mentality...
I told him I'm gonna train alone because I'm changing split and I cant focus training with him. it sucks because we have another dude that kinda joined us later who's a real good trainer. eventually he'll see us training together without him, and he'll get the clue.
rant over! had first great chest pump today in a long time!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Sorry to hear that. Im lucky to have a great training partner. He's stronger. I don't try to match his lifts that would be comedy. But he likes high volume and short rest so we do well.
Things will get a lot better without that crazy crap.
Good luck Myosaurus!

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I don't do well with training partners because when I am in the gym it's all about me.

The few times I've ever had a training partner I've made it clear that they have to do what I do; I will never change my training to match their wants/abilities.

You're probably better off.

Only time I've ever benefitted form a training partner is when I trained with a competitive bodybuilder that was bigger, stronger, and leaner than me and he made me push myself. That was like 1994. Long time ago.

The other times my training partners were more of an anchor around my neck.

Mrs Flex is the one exception.

Last edited:
Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
Its hard to tolerate other people when under the stress of training.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Sounds like you made the right decision !!

Now go out and find someone that has similar goals, is a little stronger than you and is willing to go to the well every session.

N

NewbieGuy

May 11, 2014
My training partner is a bit slow but when i told him to do it,he will do it. I train him but maybe because is genetically gifted (especially his arm) his body really improve fast and he lift lighter weight than me.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Never had a training partner, not that im objective to it, i just like to lift alone unless i need a spot or lift off. Sometimes you have to dump the dead weight.

Reactions: 5.0
myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
seriously, only thing i really need is a good spot. i motivate myself, dont need people to push me. only thing i needed form him(good spot and lift off) was a disaster. safe to say he was benefitting way more than I was. it was a toxic relationship I needed to get out of, no homo.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Hard to find a complimentary training partner. I've been through a few, it's kinda awkward dumping them almost like dumping a girlfriend. Especially if you go to the same gym and you see each other!! lol. The guy I work out with now is great. Our strong spots are opposite each other so this helps us push each other in our weak spots.

For the record RAIDEN I didn't mean to teabag you when I was lifting off, it was a hot day and I didn't account for the dangle .

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I have been blessed with some great ones and they have made a huge difference in my training.

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
I have trained alone for 10 years but before when I did have training partners, I had no trouble firing them. Nothing personal, but we aren't on the same page. They always took it personal though. I didn't care. If you are going to screw up my focus , your out of here. I don't even like talking when I train. It drive me crazy when someone comes up and wants to start a conversation when I'm working out.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic