Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Difference between injectable Anavar and Oral Anavar

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
How long my back took? Hmm - now two days after surgery I was released from hospital - I was suppose to work up to a mile walking but I was so damn bored and it was beginning of early spring that I walked from 7 am thru 4:15 which was 33 miles lol with headphones and alice n chains lol. My surgery did not use screws or rods. They used titanium thimble like object two between my spine to act as internal cast only serving purpose while my hip bone shavings hardened. Basically 3 months to set but 2 years to harden. However I was told that I made above average progress by taking 10000 mg of calcium and 5000 vitamin c is only odd thing in addition to exercises . My rehab was done 3 months post surgery and aim was to be capable of my lower back to be able to lift 300% of my bodyweight by 6 weeks. Lifting lead filled crates from ground to waiste and waiste to over head ( I simulate still with stiff and partial deads)
90 degree hypers 25-50 reps holding top contraction of each rep for 10 seconds ( still do both 90 degree hypers and reverse hypers ) and they had us do nautilus lower back machine which I usually do 275 pounds - back then I began at 60 in few weeks I was doing 150 for 25 Reps by six weeks I was doing 225. After this intensive PT I continued to do these and also be careful to do my weight routine only because I was told too , but I felt great already . The biggest challenge was holding myself back and training smart. I had pretty much the best spine doc on this planet , I was doing MRI every 3 months to monitor the healing process of the spine and I listened . At the 2 year mark not only did I imnediatly begin heavy deads, squats , rows etc but I took a hiatus from social work and for nine months I became a roofing laborer and my back to this day has never bothered me again - through roofing , handling 200 lb jack hammers on a 60 ft chimney stack, through 4 hours day practice of jujutsu , aikijutsu etc and lifting with no belt . I do not even own a belt in fact the recommendation was to never wear a belt again as it trains your back to be weak. Exercise is the fountain of youth - not anabolics in fact it wasn't until few years later I began that as a supplement to my training . Just remember most docs and PT peeps aren't familiar with training power athletes - as a bb or power lifter you are a power athlete therefore the conventional methods of rehab are of no use to us. Not sure if that answers your question lol seems so long ago to me. However I still do my spine rehab as part of my routine it keeps my back strong and lean - although koryu bujutsu ( old way martial training ) is my main passion - unlike modern training I don't do much flexibility stuff - in conventional PT for back they place way way too much emphasis on flexibility and it is the opposite of stability needed to hold your bones together .

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic