Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Diet... what do you prefer?

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Personally, I'm stuck on carb cycling. It's something I've been playing with over the last year. I plan to fit it into the rest of my life instead of the traditional cut/bulk. As I get older, I'm looking for a better balance in my life since I can be such an extremest at times. It was ok when I was younger but I feel this approach will keep my highs and lows more stable.

I find it less stressful to be able to switch up on part of the week as opposed to longer periods of stuffing my face and then periods of depriving myself. Every day life can be stressful enough at times. I also feel it's healthier this way. When my weight gets up there, so does my BP, attitude, feeling of lethargy, cardio stamina, ect...

Right now I'm running a 4 low, 3 high cycle. When I get down to my body weight goal, I plan to switch it to a 2 low, 5 high for bulk. My goal is to stay around the 10 to 14% range all year around. I've never competed so a hard cut really isn't necessary unless I decide to do it for shits an giggles. Or maybe I can hit some senior comps. LOL

I don't really prefer to set percentages for diet. I like to keep protein high all year long, run fats around 100 on high days and about 120 on low days. My carbs are about 3.5 x LBM on high days and 100 on low days. It's a combination that has me feeling pretty good all week long. I tried to run the fats a little lower but I just didn't feel as good as I could have. Eating clean helps with how I feel throughout the week as well.

It's definitely a slower process (visual) like this but muscle gain is a slow process anyways. As long as I stick to the plan, I have faith that my expectations will be met.

So what do you guys and gals prefer?

HDH

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I suck with dieting so if I am not Nazi about it I fail. Low carb/keto works best for me, guess because I haven't tried carb cycling yet.

lymbo

lymbo

TID Lady Member
Dec 21, 2011
i eat clean yr round to look healthy and lean ...i dont get the on and off season thing..."off season" is just an excuse to be fat and "lazy"

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I suck with dieting so if I am not Nazi about it I fail. Low carb/keto works best for me, guess because I haven't tried carb cycling yet.

LOL, that's what's good about this type of diet. It allows us to not be Nazis. To me it offers a balance, like a gray area when it has always been black and white.

HDH

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
i eat clean yr round to look healthy and lean ...i dont get the on and off season thing..."off season" is just an excuse to be fat and "lazy"

Right on sister, I wish I would have been doing this long ago.

If that's you in the avi, you are definitely lookin good all year round. LOL

HDH

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic