Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

did I get screwed?

D

DblearonAaron

Dec 13, 2012
Yeah it's a Cali and Ma thing, working in the industry, if I place an order here in Illinois but its shipping or the clients account is based in California they pay tax on the non subsidized equipment cost.

M

mick

VIP Member
Dec 22, 2012
Where I live you only tax on the dollars you spend. Damn glad I dont live in Cali! That's crazy!

athens

athens

May 16, 2011
Don't buy phones from any carrier at a discount. #1. You will have to pay sales tax on the entire cost of the phone. #2. By buying discounted phones your resigning a new contract and service plan for 2-3 years with your carrier and your making inflated payments to cover the cost of the phone that the carrier has prepaid for you. In Europe and about everywhere except the U.S. most people buy phones outright and aren't locked into a service plan for 2-3 years. Take notice that all the carriers in the US are now offering prepaid services at 1/2 the cost of their contract service plans. When you buy a phone outright depending on the network type CDMA or GSM you can switch carriers anytime and still pay 50% less than being locked into a contract.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic