Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Depressing MRI (Knee) Results

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Thanks bros. I really appreciate your input. Any guess on how long after surgery I will be be able to walk with a cane and knee brace? Not having to use crutches means a lot to me.

Will I qualify for any type of temporary disability? Manual labor was a major part of my job.

Thanks again brothers.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
I was in a full legs cast for 8 weeks...fully immobilized...then 4 weeks in legs brace. I was supposed to be in legs brace for 8 weeks total after cast but I healed faster...I did wear it though when I went out in public for close to 3 months after just for safety. You should qualify for temp disability and after 6 weeks I think long term...

Z

zedhed

Oct 4, 2010
Pretty much the same here. I think temp and total disability differ from state to state.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I've seen MUCH worse knee MRI results, but temporary disability for what?

Once your quadriceps is healed you should be GTG (what is notably absent is the mechanism what caused the tear).
and be able to return to FULL DUTY in essentially any occupation in 3-6 months, so unless this is WORK RELATED INJURY your SOL. (I'm not trying to be a hard ass but "short term DI" is not rarely available unless underwritten thru private insurance or your employer)

(I say your SOL because SSDI will close to SIX MONTHS for processing, approval, second opinion etc.

I'd suggest you re-evaluate your situation and OCCUPATION IMMEDIATELY and consider another profession at least temporarily.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Thinking about it, the functional recovery of Quad tears is highly dependent upon their LOCATION and MECHANISM. So while some patients achieve a functional recovery in THREE months, some patients MAY REQUIRE as much as ONE YEAR!.

I can't give you a better time frame for your particular injury absent additional history, especially the operative specifics.

Jim

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Thanks for the input Doc! My injury was on the job, but I was a 1099 Contractor and didn't know I had to pay for my own insurance. I'm basically working on goodwill insurance.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
In that case a job change seems inevitable at least on a temporary basis and if you can't do that shit go back to school? And don't say your to old, have weak knees, broke because I was ALL of that and then some when I went to med school, no BS!

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
It took me a full dedicated training schedule to get 80% back. It has been a full 5 years and I am 100% now. Squatting over 500 again. Be patient...work your ass off..DONT get depressed...stay positive and do what ever supple that help.w tendon repairs...good luck

Amen - see here's how Ya do it. Theses awesome - I see these posts , I also rehabbed myself - there's no such thing as I'm getting old bad back etc. train your way to health . It can be done. Strong mind strong body

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Well, I go back next Wednesday. I'm assuming an MRI will be done. I'm currently still in the straight leg brace. No bending until the orthopedic approves it. Inside of my knee cap is still very tender, much like the tissue surrounding a broken bone. Only repair during the surgery was for the tendon repair/reattachment. Doctor will address those when this heals enough. I'll find out more next week.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic