Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Depressing MRI (Knee) Results

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Well, I got the MRI results back from me knee injury and here are the impressions -

1) Grade I intrasubstance tear involving the body and posterior horn of the medial meniscus.

2) Grade I injury of medial collateral ligament.

3) Partial tear of anterior cruciate ligament.

4) Near total tear of the distal quadriceps tendon.

5) Bowed patellar ligament.

6) Moderate joint effusion, with a Baker's cyst.

7) Diffuse subcutaneous contusion / edema around the knee joint.

Any ideas or thoughts on what I'm looking at as far as surgery, rehabilitation, recovery... How long will it take for me to walk normally with or without a brace.

Is my squatting career officially over?

Thanks Bros.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I don't have the answers, not sure who would. But I'll bump this for you and wish you luck. Focus on your PT hard after any surgery to make the best recovery you can.

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Thanks Pillar. I'm pretty depressed right now as I was hired as a 1099 Private Contractor and the more I read the worse it seems to get. I seem to have no rights to anything. I am so confused and frustrated with this bullshit. The owner isn't paying a dime. His wife is getting charity to pay for all the surgery and they get off Scott free. I don't even think I can legitimately get a penny from them for my time (very long) out of work/pay. I don't even think I can get temporary disability. I'm sick to my stomach!

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
sorry bro,the world is a harsh place these days.nobody gives a rats ass about anything except themselves.

wishing you the best,get better soon.

Z

zedhed

Oct 4, 2010
Bro I have history with knees. What was your original injury if you dont mind sharing
I think that in time you will be able to do some kind of squats or at least dead lifts.
Your news is terrible and I feel for you bro. You are in my prayers for a good outcome for all of this.
Hope to hear back from you.
your bro Zed

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Thanks Zed. I fell down approximately 18 inches into a trench and my bent knee cap landed on a pipe we were replacing.

Z

zedhed

Oct 4, 2010
OUCH!
Had my left leg crushed bout 30 years ago. Its still getting stronger and better. As far as squats go I can do power squats and front squats. I have to add weight very slowly and I know I will never be a heavy squatter. But at least I can squat. What I like even better then squatting in hips low dead lifts. I try so split load 50/50 between back and legs. My warm up is 10 minutes on the bike, low resistance and higher rpms. Them I 6 x 12 sets/reps of body weight squats. Use low dose deca helps a lot for me with little to no sides at all at 100 ml/ week. Just enough for joints and soft tissue help. Can run this dose easily for a full12 months.
I have also used Adeqon with success. Feel free bro if you have any questions or if I can help you out at all.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I'm no expert on knees but playing football and seeing guys do there knees made me notice that all the guys who had similar injuries meant 12 to 14 months of rehab before they could get back into training.your looking at a year.stay positive and get a top notch surgeon like I did for my shoulder and you will be fine.as for squatting cannot answer that but from my personal injury I avoid exercise that gives me any discomfort on my shoulder and if it means no squatting so be it.take care

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Went through it in 2009. Expect to be in full leg cast for several months. Rehab for a few months after that. Once you get out of brace...start rehabilitation on your own as well. It is a process for sure. It took me over a year to squat any real weight...tendon tears are hell..Incision Photo by 2008littlemags | Photobucket

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
It took me a full dedicated training schedule to get 80% back. It has been a full 5 years and I am 100% now. Squatting over 500 again. Be patient...work your ass off..DONT get depressed...stay positive and do what ever supple that help.w tendon repairs...good luck

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic