Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Deca on cruise?

K

kloan

Oct 8, 2012
I ran it at 150mg/week and found it helped. Eliminating flat bench also helped a great deal, as well as some shoulder exercises.

S

starquest maniac

Oct 11, 2012
Bro, I can tell you that both me and BI around the same time started to use Deca for the same reasons. For therapeutic reasons only during TRT. Hell, 250mg EW or higher is above what I ran for recovery and joint lube. 125-200mg TOPS will do wonders, just be patient as it takes a few weeks to build up.......

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I ran it at 150mg/week and found it helped. Eliminating flat bench also helped a great deal, as well as some shoulder exercises.

I'm a powerlifter... Flat bench stays. Good excuse to skip OHP though. I hate those :)

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
J2048b-

Right on with this post bro. I know the question was what dose will fix this problem but when shoulders get that bad the training needs to be looked at. I know from experience. You try enough things, eventually you will find something that works or a combination that works.

First thing I do when I get to the gym is either hit the tred or the elliptical for 10min. Which one depends on if I'm working upper or lower body. If I work upper, I I'm on the elliptical so my arms can start bending and moving. If I hit lower body, it's the tred. In the 10 mins on the tred, i take 3 or 4 mins at full incline at only 2 to 2.5 mph. Taking long, stretching type strides.

Then on every upper body day I hit light rotator cuffs. I do the first two in the vid, watch out for this guy in the vid because he's a little sloppy on the form. I use a 5lb plate for the up and down motion shown later. I have found that keeping good form on these exercises, with a full range of motion makes a big difference in how long it takes to get the "soreness" out. If there is no soreness at the beginning and you are just doing them for injury prevention, keep the good form in mind as it applies to most of what we do. Even if you can't tell the difference, there is one.

I started a form of the DC shoulder stretch and have started logging on a few different boards. I gotta say this looks to be the most promising of all. The guy in the vid obviously has his full range of motion but it takes some pain and soreness to get there. I wouldn't recommend whirling the bar around like he does. That's an injury waiting to happen.

I have it logged here as well. I took a write up on it and made some changes to fit guys with pretty bad problems. A fella I know from the boards gave the write up a try and it made his shoulders worse. Hence, the new changes. Here is the link-

http://www.theironden.com/threads/11709-Cure-shoulder-problems

HDH

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I would say anywhere from 200 - 300mg/wk of Deca for a cruise. Just me but if I was running Deca at 400mg or higher it's no longer a cruise, but that's just me.

The other thing is you don't want to slowly lower the weight when you are training for strength.

You are absolutely correct. Maybe the correct answer to the question should have been-

As bad as your shoulders have become, a low dose of Deca probably won't work for you. It would be best to look at some different training techniques and start basing routines on injury prevention and cure.

As far as lowering the weight, I haven't been around to know that he is a power lifter now.

HDH

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
J2048b-

Right on with this post bro. I know the question was what dose will fix this problem but when shoulders get that bad the training needs to be looked at. I know from experience. You try enough things, eventually you will find something that works or a combination that works.

First thing I do when I get to the gym is either hit the tred or the elliptical for 10min. Which one depends on if I'm working upper or lower body. If I work upper, I I'm on the elliptical so my arms can start bending and moving. If I hit lower body, it's the tred. In the 10 mins on the tred, i take 3 or 4 mins at full incline at only 2 to 2.5 mph. Taking long, stretching type strides.

Then on every upper body day I hit light rotator cuffs. I do the first two in the vid, watch out for this guy in the vid because he's a little sloppy on the form. I use a 5lb plate for the up and down motion shown later. I have found that keeping good form on these exercises, with a full range of motion makes a big difference in how long it takes to get the "soreness" out. If there is no soreness at the beginning and you are just doing them for injury prevention, keep the good form in mind as it applies to most of what we do. Even if you can't tell the difference, there is one.

I started a form of the DC shoulder stretch and have started logging on a few different boards. I gotta say this looks to be the most promising of all. The guy in the vid obviously has his full range of motion but it takes some pain and soreness to get there. I wouldn't recommend whirling the bar around like he does. That's an injury waiting to happen.

I have it logged here as well. I took a write up on it and made some changes to fit guys with pretty bad problems. A fella I know from the boards gave the write up a try and it made his shoulders worse. Hence, the new changes. Here is the link-

http://www.theironden.com/threads/11709-Cure-shoulder-problems

HDH

Good info, thanks. I may not be able to eliminate flat benching from my training, but thinking about it now I probably could do a better job of warming up. I'll give some of this above a whirl.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
You are absolutely correct. Maybe the correct answer to the question should have been-

As bad as your shoulders have become, a low dose of Deca probably won't work for you. It would be best to look at some different training techniques and start basing routines on injury prevention and cure.

As far as lowering the weight, I haven't been around to know that he is a power lifter now.

HDH

Its not my max effort work that beats up the joints so bad, its actually my lower weight stuff. I do a lot of speed work. An example would be using 45% of my 1RM, plus bands for tension and doing three rep sets with short rests between sets. But the focus is on really blasting off the chest. This is the stuff that really causes these chronic type aches in the joints. Max effort injuries are more acute such as torn pecs.

As far as you not being around, I'll say its nice having you back HDH. I've always enjoyed your posts.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
You're just going to mask the pain instead of actually solving your problem. Lower your cruise test dosage to 150-200mgs per week and do physiotherapy or whatever else is needed. hGH could be of help I guess.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Keep us posted on the 100mg/wk I think that's a good starting point and like bi said anything over 250 is pretty much "on" or "blasting" IMO also.... Are you using hcg? How do the tendons feel? Staying on to long with just test seem to take there toll on my tendons... When was ur last deload????

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Its not my max effort work that beats up the joints so bad, its actually my lower weight stuff. I do a lot of speed work. An example would be using 45% of my 1RM, plus bands for tension and doing three rep sets with short rests between sets. But the focus is on really blasting off the chest. This is the stuff that really causes these chronic type aches in the joints. Max effort injuries are more acute such as torn pecs.

As far as you not being around, I'll say its nice having you back HDH. I've always enjoyed your posts.

That did a number on my shoulders as well. I found that when I'm pumping fast and hard, my focus can get away from my form and sometimes ego can take over. When doing this type of work all it can take is being a little off each time and before we know it, it's to late.

Perhaps doing short cycles of the speed work could benefit your shoulders until you get them up to par. To much = time off as you can see. I have to cycle DLs in order to keep doing them because of DDD and FJS at L5.

Right now I would ease my way back into it. It's gonna take a little time for the Deca to start working and if 100mg doesn't do the trick you will have to wait for a higher dose to take effect and if that doesn't work... well, you get the picture. LOL

Right now focus on the strictest of movements. If you don't care for using machines, which are strict, possibly some smith or dumbbell work. Barbell work for me when my shoulders are sore is no good. I tear em up just coming out of the hole.

The DC stretching is doing wonders for me at this point. It might do you some good as well. With shoulders that are already sore, I would suggest maybe taking it slow as I have done. If you get a chance, check out the changes that have helped me in the injury forum.

HDH

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic