ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Heavy deads always start my back day.. love em

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Secondly, from an injury prevention standpoint, doing them last after you have fatigues various other muscles could put you at a disadvantage. Tire your abs or low back, and you can't maintain proper form/technique, this could lead to injury.

My thoughts exactly!

Injury prevention is at the absolute top of my list. Do a warm up set with light weight and then hit the heavy stuff early on while you can maintain good form.

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
I've always considered them more a hip extension dominant movement than back extension, so I wouldn't put them on back day at all. I'd leave them on leg day. -EK

Last edited:
matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
First. After compound movements everything else is just fine-tuning.

Exactly. Marty Gallagher said in purposeful primitive, compounds are dinner. Isos are dessert if your full after dinner skip dessert.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Secondly, from an injury prevention standpoint, doing them last after you have fatigues various other muscles could put you at a disadvantage. Tire your abs or low back, and you can't maintain proper form/technique, this could lead to injury.

I agree with this. I usually do all my compound lifts at the beginning of my routines. Even so on my high volume days. I'll hit my big lift on a huge pyramid so I'm still getting some heavy weight in and volume and the. Proceed to my craziness with supersets, triple sets, iso, and all out circuit. Just depends. I love throwing curveballs at my muscles. But if I were to do the big lifts at the end, it would be for volume with light weight really focusing on a good slow-moderate tempo with a huge squeeze at the peak/peaks.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
At the beginning of every other back workout. Rack pulls below the knees, with the bottoms of the 45's just a couple of inches off the ground. I'm a short-legged shortie, so I'm not really cutting out very much ROM. Low reps on these. Over / under grip, no straps.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
At the beginning unless performing the classical lifts (snatch or C&J). In that case I would perform them first.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic