Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Damn heart problems (again)

O

oldgoat

May 24, 2013
Hey new to the forum I am in the same boat, I had the same experience myself High Blood pressure enlarged heart since 17 years old actually made it to retirement in USMC. I will pray for you I can tell you anxiety will not help you at all. I got off my meds after my last heart issue after gaining a ton of weight after a bad parachute accident nearly took me out. Anxiety was an issue for me and It seems like you are a competior you have that going for you. I was a true fat body but I have decent results myself with Tai Chi it got my mind straight and allowed me to calm myslef. Just putting that out there living in SE Asai I was encouraged to try it. Good luck and if I can offer anything hit me up.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Sorry to hear it.

There will be another marathon, don't let a small setback get you down.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Sorry to hear it.

There will be another marathon, don't let a small setback get you down.
I'm not allowed to race or compete in powerlifting at a competitive level anymore, there's a chance it could kill me.

I've got two girls so I'm not willing to take that risk.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I'm not allowed to race or compete in powerlifting at a competitive level anymore, there's a chance it could kill me.

I've got two girls so I'm not willing to take that risk.

Sorry to hear that bud. Gotta take care of your family.

Hopefully you can continue to train and stay in shape. That is what I do and I don't feel like I am missing anything. Maybe you can take up martial arts? Not so stressful on the heart as high level competing, but still a great workout!

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Mini bro don't know what to say stay positive no sport is worth dying for.are you allowed to take up light training with weights?

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
MF, sorry to hear this. Take it easy, take care of your girls, "heal your heart", and get back to training.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Sorry to hear about this MF, health comes first though bro, take it easy.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Mini bro don't know what to say stay positive no sport is worth dying for.are you allowed to take up light training with weights?
Hell yeah, I'd go mad if I wasn't allowed to train. Probably my new focus will be to stay in great shape ~ just a healthy combination of cardio and weights and not taking either of them to the extreme as I always have done lol.

Thanks for all the well wishes MF.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Well I have basically been 'instructed' by my cardiologist that I can't compete or race anymore, so I will be back in the gym as well as the running; to me there's no point solely running if I can't enter any running races, so I'm going to just try and chase the combo of staying as fit and strong as possible. I was informed that the tests that I did (three of them) rung a few alarm bells and it's supposedly quite serious (although apart from the fibrillations/heartbeat skips I feel fine, in reasonable shape and fit). That's the weird thing.

The cardiologist told me the longest I can run is up to 50km (that was after I got him up from his initial recommendation of a marathon at training pace haha) but efforts like that need to be infrequent. On one hand I was pretty gutted that I can't compete anymore, but if I look at the big picture it's not all bad I guess. I'm now waiting to hear back from them as it looks like I will be having surgery at some point to have a stent fitted, need to have a read up and find out what that involves and how serious/big the operation is.

Cheers MF.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Good luck MF....do you know what kind of stent yet? (Drug eluting v not).

Keep us posted...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic