Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Cycle or TRT?

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
ironinsanity, at 400, you are going to fall into my situation. we fall into the 'within range' category. unless your doctor is very understanding, you will find yourself standing in line , waiting for phonecalls from youth clinics, ive had 1 reply, huge money, for me anyway. 1500 for dod-to doc phone consultation(him to your primary) 500 for lab test, even if you have insurance, you get charged a quick fin, 50 per phone call. i know i would feel better, im 44 and feel great, mostly because of my lifting, but i also feel worn, tired if you will. good luck on your quest!

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Can't say that I mind the pinning. I realize that TRT is a rest of life kind of thing, but let's say someone comes off, for whatever reason, what kind of post TRT therapy is used and how effective is it?

I'm 49 and was on TRT for a few years. I went off, used some clomid and now my test is in the mid 500s. IMO even TRT guys have to come off periodically because we all get carried away. TRT is when you get medical treatment to keep testosterone in the normal range. Most of us go over that. Even 200 mg/w will put most of us above normal range. Most will start adding stuff like deca and other compounds. That is not TRT. That is blast and cruise. Eventually the body needs a break from that. TRT/Blast and cruise is fun but most guys fall into the trap of doing way more androgens/anabolics than a true TRT. Shit starts to hit the fan eventually like dangerously high Hct and RBCs. BP, heart rate, blood lipids, sexual dysfunction etc. When that stuff starts to manifest its best to take a break and take the hit rather than try to add more drugs making the problem worse in the long run. If you can actually do a true TRT with a patch or creme or a very low dose in inj like 100-150 mg/w then probably no drama. But if you are going to be doing 300 mg of test a week and up and adding in other stuff periodically then you would be doing something else and you will be required to come off at certain points. That scares people b/c they will lose size and feel a little off for a while.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
I think thats fantastic that you got your natural levels back to the mid 500s man, most people act like its a lost cause and once your on trt then thats all she wrote!

DADAWG

DADAWG

Aug 14, 2011
im 49 and been on trt for many years . i had a extensive round of cortizone shots after major back surgery and my test levels bottomed out . before anyone says thats impossible im gonna tell you it happened , i kept regular bloodwork up including test levels and they were fine presurgery and the didnt come back after surgery even after i ran a pct to jump start them .that being said ive known guys who ran a cycle later in life and did a good pct including hcg during cycle and their test levels post cycle were actually better . its tempting to just jump on trt and its your call but it does get old after a while not having the option to come off.

imo i would run the cycle and proper pct and get levels checked afterward and then make my decision.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Like I said before, I've been on self administered TRT for about 5 years. I don't always pin, just when I blast. I've made my own transdermals with test prop and test base, and just apply each day topically. Then, when I blast, I'll pin extra test or tren, or whatever. Running the TD is actually pretty easy. The only challenge is if you travel for work. Then it's best to be using a long ester test like test c or test e.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Even though my test levels keep coming back I keep cycling. Been doing it for 23 years. I like to be off almost as much as I like to be on. I've been off for 4 months and enjoying having BP 110/70, resting heart rate of 48-54, negative risk blood test numbers and able to run a couple miles outside, run some sprints and then go pound out shoulders and biceps. Being off is different but if your in shape it feels great. Most guys can't even run a mile when their on a gram and a half of stuff. If you took the time and effort to build a decent base being off is no big crush on the ego especially if you are a decent athlete. Doesn't really matter that I work with 185 on the overhead military from the rack off when I work with 245 or more when I'm on. Nobody really gives a crap. Does it really mater if your using 275 working weight on the flat bench instead of 315 for 4-5 months? Not really, especially if your body is recovered and you're feeling like you can run forever and go down to the dojo or boxing gym and go for a couple hours. One point here is that there is more than one kind of fitness. Sometimes I like being the athlete and sometimes I like being the gym rat that can bench and squat real heavy. They different worlds both can be fun. One, more or less, requires some added supplements for max fun and one does not.

If you don't know why some people come off once they're on or once they start "TRT" then maybe you have not really tried or you can not recover. Most guys I know from the 80s and 90s that juiced recoovered, had kids and a lot of them are natural today and in decent shape in their 40s and 50s. For guys that can recover I see HUGE benefits to coming off completely periodically. For me it's actually fun after the first 8 weeks. When I do decide to cycle I am on for a while or only take short 1 month breaks very 8 weeks. If you want to build some size and have maximum fun then the time on = time off paradigm just does not make sense at least for me. When I decide to go on now I just go for max fun with minimal risk. I'm in it for the fun and for the long haul so when I come off and see all my health markers looking pristine that just encourages me that I am doing things right.

DADAWG

DADAWG

Aug 14, 2011
Even though my test levels keep coming back I keep cycling. Been doing it for 23 years. I like to be off almost as much as I like to be on. I've been off for 4 months and enjoying having BP 110/70, resting heart rate of 48-54, negative risk blood test numbers and able to run a couple miles outside, run some sprints and then go pound out shoulders and biceps. Being off is different but if your in shape it feels great. Most guys can't even run a mile when their on a gram and a half of stuff. If you took the time and effort to build a decent base being off is no big crush on the ego especially if you are a decent athlete. Doesn't really matter that I work with 185 on the overhead military from the rack off when I work with 245 or more when I'm on. Nobody really gives a crap. Does it really mater if your using 275 working weight on the flat bench instead of 315 for 4-5 months? Not really, especially if your body is recovered and you're feeling like you can run forever and go down to the dojo or boxing gym and go for a couple hours. One point here is that there is more than one kind of fitness. Sometimes I like being the athlete and sometimes I like being the gym rat that can bench and squat real heavy. They different worlds both can be fun. One, more or less, requires some added supplements for max fun and one does not.

If you don't know why some people come off once they're on or once they start "TRT" then maybe you have not really tried or you can not recover. Most guys I know from the 80s and 90s that juiced recoovered, had kids and a lot of them are natural today and in decent shape in their 40s and 50s. For guys that can recover I see HUGE benefits to coming off completely periodically. For me it's actually fun after the first 8 weeks. When I do decide to cycle I am on for a while or only take short 1 month breaks very 8 weeks. If you want to build some size and have maximum fun then the time on = time off paradigm just does not make sense at least for me. When I decide to go on now I just go for max fun with minimal risk. I'm in it for the fun and for the long haul so when I come off and see all my health markers looking pristine that just encourages me that I am doing things right.

WELL SAID . a lot of the never coming off and mega dose cycles talked about is internet bravado.
i understand pushing the envelope if you make your living with this stuff , otherwise its JUST a hobby and we need to remember that.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I appreciate all of the feedback... at this point I probably won't add other compounds, but I am well aware of the line between TRT and blast/cruise. Can't say I won't ever lean to the latter, but I will also weigh the stuff said in here beforehand.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic