Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Cycle or TRT?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
So I just finished a 10-week cycle of test-e, 500mg a a week. This was my first cycle and the results were pretty good, even though I suspect it was underdosed. Last injection was one week ago. PCT in another week. Sides were minimal with the exception of elevated BP, which went down some after 2-3 weeks.

I've been thinking the last couple of days about whether I should go the cycle route or just go to TRT. I'm 48 and when I had my test checked prior to the cycle it was 400 and 10 free. I gotta tell ya... I miss the pinnings. I never thought I'd be saying that in a million years lol.

What do you think? Cycle or TRT?

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
At your age i would want the highest test levels possible year round id say TRT

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
At your age i would want the highest test levels possible year round id say TRT

I say the same as above.

YS you're in your late 20s right? What about you Reg? I mean when you're in your 20s, 48 sounds old but believe me when you get in your 40s you won't feel or think that you're old, unless you either treat your body and/or mind wrong or you just choose to think that way.

What do some of the lifters in their 40's say?

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
if your gonna go trt than dont start pct,wait A BIT than go to the doc and get ur blood levels done test should bottom out your good togo.......

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Well, a good friend of mine started TRT in his mid 40s. he wasnt much of a BBer but was pretty fit. Told me he felt like he was 18 years old all over again. the Midlife crisis soon followed. lol Hot car and even hotter 20 somethings with him all the time. I think GreatGuns has it right. get w/ doc before you decide.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
wtf??? You're 48?!?!?!

I'd say cycle. Run the PCT and then get some bloodwork and see where your test levels are. Then decide. Don't make decisions without all the facts/data on hand grand-bro.

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
PCT does not always guarantee a recovery if your test levels were only at 400 ng per dl you are considered to have low testosterone should be in the high 800s for your size and strength, Run the pct have blood work done and see if you really did recover, if not go on TRT and you dont look like your 48 badass bro

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I appreciate all of the feedback. Still weighing the decision but I'm leaning towards the TRT approach as the baseline.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I appreciate all of the feedback. Still weighing the decision but I'm leaning towards the TRT approach as the baseline.

How were you feeling before you ran the cycle? I've been on TRT, self-administered for the past 5 years. Before I got on, my bloodwork was about the same as yours, except my free test was quite low. I noticed some changes in the year before I went on. Basically, I started losing my positive attitude and "glass is half full" mentality. The TRT has been good, but not everybody is crazy about pinning the rest of their life.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
How were you feeling before you ran the cycle? I've been on TRT, self-administered for the past 5 years. Before I got on, my bloodwork was about the same as yours, except my free test was quite low. I noticed some changes in the year before I went on. Basically, I started losing my positive attitude and "glass is half full" mentality. The TRT has been good, but not everybody is crazy about pinning the rest of their life.

TG There are other options beside pinning though right? I mean if he can get the script for the patch or something wouldn't that suffice? Throw in a blast a couple times a year?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011

Can't say that I mind the pinning. I realize that TRT is a rest of life kind of thing, but let's say someone comes off, for whatever reason, what kind of post TRT therapy is used and how effective is it?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic