Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Cronic head pains when training

J

Jake

Jun 23, 2011
So i was training legs last week, and with help from the instructor at the gym i changed my leg workout, Doing this workout was the first time i ever felt like i was going to spew whilst training.
Whilst leg pressing i got a chronic pain in the back of my head, a few inches above the neck, The pain pulsated with my heart beat and was really bad but went away after a minute or two. I
thought it was probably to do with breathing but i am not sure. Today training legs and leg pressing again, the pain came back worse, it didn't go away and eventually spread through my entire
head. I kept on training and by the time i got to my 3rd set of leg extensions i could barely feel my legs working over the pain in my head so i had to stop training. Was wondering if anyone else
has had the same problem or knows why im getting them.

J

Jake

Jun 23, 2011
Thanks for reply, I havent had it checked for about 8 or 9 months, had it checked at my old gym, the scores were normal, but the tests for my resting and active heart rate were poor.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
what supps and such are you taking?

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
that doesn't sound good, though I can relate. I went through a spell where I would get a horrid headache on my second set of pullups (every time about the same rep) and it made it hard to finish my workout. The pain would subside once I quit, but was kinda scary. I quit doing more than one set of pullups to avoid the pain, and eventually it went away. I can do pullups again without it....at least for now (I kinda have that question in my head, will it come back).

J

Jake

Jun 23, 2011
I also get the pain whilst bench pressing, which again makes me think it could be to do with breathing, i have always struggled with breathing properly when bench pressing, i never hold my breath or anything silly
but as i am not a very cardiovasculary fit person, so i always find my self really out of breath after leg pressing or bench pressing.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i would definately start putting some time in on the treadmill. also the breathing is important. i would still have your blood pressure checked right after working out. also, do you check your pulse? it is something simple that you can do and it will tell you a lot.

J

Jake

Jun 23, 2011
What should i look for when checking pulse?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
ummmmmm rhythm and speed. what is your resting pulse?

start by taking it before you start, then at the start of an exercise, then if you get a headache stop and take it, and then take it when you are done with your set. do this for the exercises you are having problems with and write them down so you get an idea of your numbers. it also wouldnt hurt to do it on exercises where you dont get headaches so you have something to compare it with.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic