Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Critique my diet.

cartergina8

cartergina8

Jul 5, 2011
Okay, this isn't my everyday diet exactly but it is relatively close to a normal day for me. Currently I am cutting. I weigh 172 pounds and I am 6'1". I am 19 years olds. Instead of giving you a terribly long list of different foods I will just give you the calories I am taking in and the macronutrients. Tell me what you think.

Calories: 2100
Fat: 55 g.
Carbs: 200
Protein: 200

I scale down the carbs towards the end of the day and try to get about 40 grams of protein at each meal. I don't worry about the fats too much at the moment.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Your 6'1 172lbs and your CUTTING?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Don't take this the wrong way at all carter, but do are you on a resistance training regimen? We need more stats as well. Your name is Cartergina, so I suppose it's possible that you are a 6'1" female, which would make you cutting at 170lbs a little more understandable. So please include your sex, training experience, and goals so we can better help you.

cartergina8

cartergina8

Jul 5, 2011
Haha! My mistake, I am a male. Classic. Well this is the first time i've been really serious about bodybuilding. In highschool I lifted a ton for sports but that was more just to gain strength and size rather than to look good. I agree I am very skinny right now, but i had taken several months off from lifting and put on quite a bit of fat so I am cutting right now just to get rid of all that extra flab. When it comes to goals I don't really know, I just enjoy seeing progress being made through hard work.

Sadie

Sadie

TID Lady Member
Oct 2, 2010
those are macro nutritional break downs not a diet hun.. if you want a DIET critique then show us the diet.. also if you could include your body fat % then we can actually know roughly what your maintenance cal intake needs to be. Or you could just wait until my crystal ball is out of the shop.. that might work too :p

cartergina8

cartergina8

Jul 5, 2011
Well like I said I am new haha. I found an equation to calculate bf % it only factors in waist size and body weight so it obviously isn't completely accurate but it came out to about 11%. Ok now onto the full diet i suppose... I work nights so the schedule is going to be kind of odd. And also I don't eat the same exact thing everyday but this is fairly close to what i consume.

8:00 p.m. wake up

8:05-9:05 p.m. cardio

9:30 1st meal-1.5 cups egg whites, 1.5 cups kashi cereal (13 grams of protein per cup), 1 cup 1% milk
470 calories, 4 grams fat, 63 grams carbs, 48 grams protein

12:30 a.m. 2nd meal-1 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 170 grams greek yogurt
320 calories, 3 grams fat, 35 grams carbs, 40 grams protein

2:30 a.m. 3rd meal- 2 slices bread, 1 slice cheese, 3 slices lunchmeat, two tbsp. light miracle whip, 170 grms greek yogurt
525 calories, 14 grams fat, 69 grams carbs, 33 grams protein (I am planning on changing this meal to chicken breast and rice)

6:00 a.m. 4th meal- 170 grams greek yogurt, 5 oz. tuna
295 calories, 1.25 grams of fat, 19 grams carbs, 44 grams protein

7:30 a.m. lift

8:15-9:00 a.m. cardio

9:30 a.m. 5th meal- 8 oz. of steak or fish, 1.75 cups green beans
550 calories, 33 grams of fat, 14 grams carbs, 36 grams protein

12:00 p.m. to bed

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
ummmmmm what are you goals exactly? i am in awe that at 6'1" 176# 11% bf that you are cutting. i am a girl and im 5'8" 170# and i eat more than you do.

why again are you cutting?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I can guarantee you that your tape test was garbage if it only measured your waist. Even the military standard is garbage and it measures the waist AND neck, and then plugs that in with your height and weight to determine bodyfat, which is routinely off by up to 6% either way.

You are in an untrained and sad state, no offense, but that is good news for you, because you can literally build muscle and lose fat at the same time. Less cardio, more resistance training, more quality food. <--------Do this for a couple months, and then get back to us with an update.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Haha! My mistake, I am a male. Classic. Well this is the first time i've been really serious about bodybuilding. In highschool I lifted a ton for sports but that was more just to gain strength and size rather than to look good. I agree I am very skinny right now, but i had taken several months off from lifting and put on quite a bit of fat so I am cutting right now just to get rid of all that extra flab. When it comes to goals I don't really know, I just enjoy seeing progress being made through hard work.

I say you forget the flab, and bulk the fuck up, and THEN cut it all off.

3J

3J

May 19, 2011
ok lets clear things up a bit..

i also believe you should bulk..

if you wanna bulk your macros should look like this

300g protein
350g carbs
77g fats

if you wanna still cut

300g protein
150g carbs
100g fats

check out my free diet advice sticky... its packed with info to help you create a diet for yourself.. post it up and ill critique it for free

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic