Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Cortisol and testosterone correlation

T

treetop

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2023
What's the best way to test cortisol? I've read you should do multiple samples throughout the day. Is saliva as good as blood for cortisol testing?

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Betaine is good to inhibit cortisol.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Thank you for all the information. I ordered Boron and going to try that at 12mgs a day.

I picked up some ashwaganda extract from now and have been taking that before bed. So, last few nights when I get up at 3 to P, I got pretty hard stuff going on down there, which has not been the norm lately. But I’ll take it. The true test will be the random hard on’s at all the most inappropriate times. Like on an airplane and it’s not going away…..

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Don't you want cortisol, though? Just not super elevated and at the right times. Peaks midday and should trail off and be minimal at night. I can attest that Boron absolutely increases Free Test. I took 6mg nightly for years and always had Free Test come back above the upper end of the reference range for labs with TT being mid 800's. This remained the case even after dropping Proviron. This is off 140mg-175mg per week of Test.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
What's the best way to test cortisol? I've read you should do multiple samples throughout the day. Is saliva as good as blood for cortisol testing?

The urine tests are worthless for our purposes, if I remember correctly, and are only useful as a first test for some serious health issues. I actually have a ZRT saliva test kit I never used, but like you mentioned, it has you take saliva samples four times throughout the day. This is the one I have. Looks like they are harder to get now. The one I got was off Amazon and cheaper than this one. I'm sure because the FDA is continuing to watch out for all our best interests. It's so wonderful to have such a caring and wise government deciding things for us.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
The urine tests are worthless for our purposes, if I remember correctly, and are only useful as a first test for some serious health issues. I actually have a ZRT saliva test kit I never used, but like you mentioned, it has you take saliva samples four times throughout the day. This is the one I have. Looks like they are harder to get now. The one I got was off Amazon and cheaper than this one. I'm sure because the FDA is continuing to watch out for all our best interests. It's so wonderful to have such a caring and wise government deciding things for us.

Our government sucks with anyones interest. And the FDA and IRS both need to go!

thanks for the link btw… I am def going to grab one.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Our government sucks with anyones interest. And the FDA and IRS both need to go!

thanks for the link btw… I am def going to grab one.

Wait, you can probably find it cheaper. That was just the first place it popped up since I could no longer find them on Amazon.

Here, you can order direct, and it's even cheaper.

Scroll to the bottom for diurnal cortisol. I don't know why i can't just link to the test directly.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic