Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Cop shoots guy for getting ID

Quazie59

Quazie59

Dec 10, 2014
Clearly this officer needs to have his weapon taken even though he did not kill. He did however stepped out of line here on so many levels. This mans civil rights were taken for granted. Every professional needs continued education and the law enforcement is no exception. How does this incident show that his job was executed smoothly for protection and serving the general public?

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
It's so easy to throw stones and pass judgement when you were not there and not subject to the same stressors that those individuals faced.

hindsight indeed is always 20/20 isn't it?

yes the public service needs to be accountable. Yes, they need to be investigated.....and yes they need to be held to a high standard.....but honestl....try to put yourself in the shoes of these guys.....can you honestly say that you would be able too, without a doubt, act any differently?

if you can say yes.....seriously and decisively....you are a better person than I am.

After being subjected to dealing with people people on a daily basis whom have little regard for me or anything for that matter I would certainly be more than a little guarded and protective of myself.....perhaps even overzealous.

Is that right? I can't say.....I'm lucky enough to not have to make those life or death decisions in a split second.....decisions that will greatly affect me or someone else's life forever...all completed in split seconds because if you don't...you may be dead.

im not saying police are right...there are many that are absolute shitbags......but let's consider the reality of these life or death situations.....and try to actually put yourselves in these positions.

can you honestly say that you would use more discretion? Again, an easy thing to judge when you have time and are third party...not such the case when the threat is in your face and escalating.

its not an easy job, and if you've never been in such situations....I'm sorry but you have no right to pass judgement on someone that has.

easy targets.

Im not exactly pro police...like I say...there are some real bad actors out there too. But let's exercise some real world thoughts when we are being critical.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic