Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Contest Preparation Wisdom

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Every week I send out a newsletter to my clients discussing different topics from information about supplements and drugs to habits, nutrition and training. I have written before on what it is like being in contest prep and some tips and tricks to a successful contest prep. However, I think they are getting sick of my perspective. I was hoping some of the experienced competitors could share your thoughts on contest preparation, so that I could give my clients a different perspective. You would remain anonymous, with the only identifiers being something like, "One IFBB pro who has competed in 15 masters events stated....

I am looking for things like, priorities, support network, handling distractions, dealing with family/friends who do not support your lifestyle, etc...

Your level of competition, whether you are an IFBB Pro or in the NPC. If in the NPC, are you a national level competitor? How many shows have you done? Coaches, please chime in as well. Much appreciated.

@Friggemall @Darkness @Determined @BovaJP I know there are more on here, you all just popped in my head.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I more or less just isolate which I kinda already do, work..gym.. and eat.. embrace the suck.. get ready 4-6 weeks before show and coast into and fill out into it is when I’ve looked my best. I’ve done 6-7 shows all just local level. And far as keeping everything together mentally, you just gotta see the positive side of the process, and know you’re privileged to be able to do such.. so enjoy it, and give it your all.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Make posing part of your show prep. Working on your mandatories, developing the stamina to pose for an extended period of time isn't as trivial as it sounds. You'd hate to have done all that work to establish your conditioning, and then not be able to properly exhibit it to the judges.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Every week I send out a newsletter to my clients discussing different topics from information about supplements and drugs to habits, nutrition and training. I have written before on what it is like being in contest prep and some tips and tricks to a successful contest prep. However, I think they are getting sick of my perspective. I was hoping some of the experienced competitors could share your thoughts on contest preparation, so that I could give my clients a different perspective. You would remain anonymous, with the only identifiers being something like, "One IFBB pro who has competed in 15 masters events stated....

I am looking for things like, priorities, support network, handling distractions, dealing with family/friends who do not support your lifestyle, etc...

Your level of competition, whether you are an IFBB Pro or in the NPC. If in the NPC, are you a national level competitor? How many shows have you done? Coaches, please chime in as well. Much appreciated.

@Friggemall @Darkness @Determined @BovaJP I know there are more on here, you all just popped in my head.
This is cool.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I more or less just isolate which I kinda already do, work..gym.. and eat.. embrace the suck.. get ready 4-6 weeks before show and coast into and fill out into it is when I’ve looked my best. I’ve done 6-7 shows all just local level. And far as keeping everything together mentally, you just gotta see the positive side of the process, and know you’re privileged to be able to do such.. so enjoy it, and give it your all.
Thank you, brother! Much appreciated!

BTW with the photos you posted before, I am really surprised you were not already competing at the national level. You looked absolutely incredible.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Make posing part of your show prep. Working on your mandatories, developing the stamina to pose for an extended period of time isn't as trivial as it sounds. You'd hate to have done all that work to establish your conditioning, and then not be able to properly exhibit it to the judges.
Thank you, brother! You are 100% correct! Much appreciated.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic