Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Contest prep, and cheat meals

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Just wondering what the thought is on when to cut out any cheat meals precontest.

Obviously I know that it depends on how much you have to go to get to contest

But am 15 weeks out, 14 next weekend, and that's when ow and I plan on celebrating my birthday. I am already antsy for a cheat meal, and I know most figure/bikini preps are 12 weeks... BUT I feel I need more than that for whatever reason and I truly started this last week...

This does not include alcohol btw if that makes any difference..

I'm thinking about just keeping it clean for most part but not counting cals, maybe steak and butternut squash, asparagus... then something like berries with whipped cream or the like for desert , maybe some popcorn?!?

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
I have never competed but I hope to get into it soon. I currently allow myself one cheat meal every saturday night. From what I see in the mirror and on the scale for the next couple days after, I wouldnt do it if I was heading into a contest. It doesn't set me back too far but it does enough to where I feel it wouldn't be worth it. I hate losing, so Id take it to the extreme lol

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
My rule of thumb was 4 week out unless I looked VERY flat.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I tend to cut out all out cheats around 12 weeks, it does depend on condition and type of show though. I would suggest everyone cheat on their bday though no matter timing.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I tend to cut out all out cheats around 12 weeks, it does depend on condition and type of show though. I would suggest everyone cheat on their bday though no matter timing.
12 weeks? how long of a diet we talkin? lot of people only do 12 weeks lol...that would be rough.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
like I said depends on the persons condition, some diet from about 16 weeks out, others only need 8. That general rule is for your BBer who likes to bulk lee priest style. We aim for 1-1.5lbs of fat loss per week so if you only have a few to lose you get more cheats.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
like I said depends on the persons condition, some diet from about 16 weeks out, others only need 8. That general rule is for your BBer who likes to bulk lee priest style. We aim for 1-1.5lbs of fat loss per week so if you only have a few to lose you get more cheats.

The Lee Priest diet, wow, thats almost as hard as dieting is itself.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
The other thing to consider is that it's much harder if you are eating a typical bland bber diet which isn't actually needed if you have healthy recipe choices. 1 client of mine won't cheat at all even when told it's ok, others have a harder time. I cheat once a week or so on a cut but I'm pretty carb tolerant. Everyone is different. Some like Martin Berkhan think you should never cheat, to me that's unrealistic and extreme.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
If you're reasonably established in your diet & seeing productive & predictable results, you're probably ok through week 8-10. But make it 1 cheat meal / week and no more.

G

ghg316

Jan 23, 2012
cheat meals are ok depending on condition i usually keep them in only if im looking to flat other then that ill save it for the offseason once every two weeks usually consist sushi or huge steak n sweet potato fries

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
What's cheating about sushi or steak, or sweet potato?

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
What's cheating about sushi or steak, or sweet potato?

Alot of the sushi I like has fried elements and sauces that would be considered 'cheating' I can say that, like ghg I only cheat every 2 or 3 weeks then I have a cut-off where I dont do it at all, and like he mentioned as well I do it when I start looking flat as a pancake.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic