Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
AKC83
What's New?

Completey random, useless fact of the day!

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
German shepherds are the best

/end thread :D

I gotta second this just for the fact of what these dogs do side by side of our troops. These dogs are simply amazing.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
German shepherds are the best

/end thread :D

And they said..'AAAMEN'!!! I'll take my sheperds . Much of thise depends on what you're psoing as tough. Dog v dog, dog v animal or personal protection.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Much of thise depends on what you're psoing as tough. Dog v dog, dog v animal or personal protection.

Caucasian Mtn dogs were used to fight off bears in Russia, as well as protect sheep from packs of wolves. Two of them coud fend off and potentially kill a pack of wolves. They were even used in foreign militaries for a while as well, Pretty sure they have been used in every situation you mentioned and came out on top.

Look guys, I am not here to debate how good these dogs are compared to dogs like the Sheperd or any other dog. I was simply making a list of potential top toughest dogs based on aggression, mass, and bite potential. It's purely for entertainment. I would never take a dog like this. They are high maintenance, possibly unpredictable in a suburban or urban setting, and potentially a liability.

You bet your ass if I wanted a loyal watch dog, it would be along the line of a sheperd. In fact, I currently have a sheperd/lab mix, and she is an amazing dog. She's not very protective, but that's because I didn't teach her to be. She barks to let us know someone is around, and that's a great first line of defense.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
That Caucasian Shepherd is seriously a nasty breed...... The maintenance guy at my work has two. I guess his brother in law trains them.

The part that got me was when he said that an aggressive rottie or bull dog, when training with a bite sleeve, will look at the sleeve. The dog wants to play rough with the sleeve or arm.
The Caucasian Shepherds never break eye contact.

So I googled them

Here's a video ( I know it's sh it quality) of one ripping out the throats of a pack of wolves while defending some sheep http://youtu.be/MSIBrBs56wg

Not meaning to be a dick but this is a russian dog training video made to look like a real event. If you look close around 20 seconds you can see the collar on the wolf as well as the noose the guy is holding while this takes place. Those are also 2 adolescent wolves, a full grown wolf would be much larger than that sheep. They were penned in against 4 sheperds. Much how russians train their bear dogs. They declaw\de-fang the bear stake it out and let the dogs kill it. Nasty shit but it's how they do it.
Great dogs though, love them sheperds

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I missed an opportunity for a presa canario... The wife objected quite strongly. I've had an english mastiff in the past and can say that without very strong discipline these large breeds will take ownership of everything. The stupid little toy breeds will as well, but there is a difference between my 197lb mastiff having total free will versus a 15 pound terrier mix.

Its folks who don't put the time in to love and master big dogs that wreck it for everyone. A big ass dog with no discipline is a nuisance skirting danger, a dumb ass owner is the same. Not the animals fault.

I'm liking the looks of that presa canario!

I lived in a city in a ggreat apartment in a bad neighborhood with a big but sweet chow mix. I trained her to walk by me without a leash and obey voice commands and hand signals. The whores would ask all sweet if they could pet her. The gang bangers would look all uncomfortable when we walked by and never say shit- she loved this old Mexican gent, I met him when he said " A big dog like that must be a great comfort" and he'd tell me how the neighborhood had evolved, stories about the residents and the heartbreak of violence and poverty...

I'll get a good dog in the future. I'll bring it up right.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Caucasian Mtn dogs were used to fight off bears in Russia, as well as protect sheep from packs of wolves. Two of them coud fend off and potentially kill a pack of wolves. They were even used in foreign militaries for a while as well, Pretty sure they have been used in every situation you mentioned and came out on top.

Look guys, I am not here to debate how good these dogs are compared to dogs like the Sheperd or any other dog. I was simply making a list of potential top toughest dogs based on aggression, mass, and bite potential. It's purely for entertainment. I would never take a dog like this. They are high maintenance, possibly unpredictable in a suburban or urban setting, and potentially a liability.

You bet your ass if I wanted a loyal watch dog, it would be along the line of a sheperd. In fact, I currently have a sheperd/lab mix, and she is an amazing dog. She's not very protective, but that's because I didn't teach her to be. She barks to let us know someone is around, and that's a great first line of defense.

Was just watching one in the dog show tonight as a matter a fact. Cool dogs . This year they actually allowed presarios in , they had not been allowed before. I knida hate to see it because this is how large and or dangerous breeds get ''popularized , leading to abondaned or abused dogs.
Just for the record , I have a large soft spot for dogs, specially sheps as I used to protection train them years back.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Was just watching one in the dog show tonight as a matter a fact. Cool dogs . This year they actually allowed presarios in , they had not been allowed before. I knida hate to see it because this is how large and or dangerous breeds get ''popularized , leading to abondaned or abused dogs.
Just for the record , I have a large soft spot for dogs, specially sheps as I used to protection train them years back.

If you're on FB, you'll like this page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DELTA-K9/138064976224682

Video of service dogs in action

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1563183133151

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
The picture you have of a hyena is not a "pet" per say. They commonly use these for security and for "money/debt collectors" in various parts of Nigeria. They also use large Baboons as well.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
The picture you have of a hyena is not a "pet" per say. They commonly use these for security and for "money/debt collectors" in various parts of Nigeria. They also use large Baboons as well.

To collect debts? Damn thats some brutal shit. I can only imagine seeing a person who owes money, the look on their face like "shit just got real"

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
apologies to shortz, cause he has seen this from me before, but for that Presa cult out there, sanders kennels website is great for window shopping that breed. I have NO experience with them, do not know if they are great or bad breeders, or somewhere in between, but the website itself is a trip. Most of us probably are not in a good place in our life to own a Presa, and sanders charges $2500-3000 a dog, so that's kinda discouraging too lol.

They're in Georgia, so I guess Presas are not outlawed in the US, not sure about which states if any forbid which breeds. My impression has been the legal obstacles you might face for various breeds come more from counties and municipalities. And, from a completely different direction, your landlord if you rent, or your homeowner insurance if you own. I practically live in a local dogpark where my 8 mixed breed rescues skirt any such rules, but pits and wolf hybrids are no-go. They'd prbly add Presa and a few other breeds, just haven't thought of it yet.

Anybody here remember some years back, when any of the type breeds discussed here had a 50% chance of being named "Tyson?" The fighter, and the dog name, seem to have faded a little. lol

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Actually kick ass post thanks !
I love animals particular rotties pits, but we always hAd a 200 lb Shepard , my pals pit is friendliest dog I ever know

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
Never fuuuck with someone who has a hyena on a leash...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic