Latest Member
TableEffit
What's New?

Common...one more rep!!!

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
ATW and II, i can understand playing it safe avoiding injury. thats different. But this is a gym full of 20-somethings with their cool harbinger gloves on and under armor, and their NO Xplode in their waterbottles.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
Year round I have a competition mindset. I keep thinking in my head that there's 150-200 other guys that I'll be compared to onstage, and I'm not going to win if I don't push that one more rep, then pause, breathe, and do another rep after that...most of the time. I go back and forth between that "push yourself to grow" mentality and Lee Haney's motto, "Stimulate, don't annihilate!"

ATW and II, i can understand playing it safe avoiding injury. thats different. But this is a gym full of 20-somethings with their cool harbinger gloves on and under armor, and their NO Xplode in their waterbottles.

Are you a Planet Fitness member?

dryvrgrl

dryvrgrl

TID Lady Member
Sep 20, 2011
Year round I have a competition mindset. I keep thinking in my head that there's 150-200 other guys that I'll be compared to onstage, and I'm not going to win if I don't push that one more rep, then pause, breathe, and do another rep after that...most of the time. I go back and forth between that "push yourself to grow" mentality and Lee Haney's motto, "Stimulate, don't annihilate!"

im kinda samesies..
i often thing "she" (my competition" might be pushing out another rep...

TRUE STORY i was at the gym lifting and a guy asked me to spot him on bench.. he had a plate on each side and told me he was going to go for 6.. i called him a pussy
oh he was maybe 220 6 feet tall about 25..
PUSSY

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I have a mental disorder which causes me to take everything I do to its most extreme. I don't know what the disorder is called, or if there is a name for it, but its just the way it is. I live for DOMS over the next couple days. I enjoy the pain of contracting a muscle as hard as it can be squeezed, the immense pain during the set and then the subsequent bit of relief you get a minute after the set has ended.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011

it would seem that way. Im deployed overseas and the gym on base is just full of jokes.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
Well on the two to three sets that I actually do push to failure, getting the extra reps in, it's because it's important for that particular part of the routine I'm on now. When I started out in bodybuilding I regularly aimed to get an extra rep in, but for powerlifting not so much because it's end product doesn't coincide with my goals for powerlifting.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
I like walking into a club or a store or any place you see people that dont know me and get the wow you must lift question!Yeah its pretty weak openner to talk but fuck it it works to let me know Im still getting noticied at 41!

Or walking by a younger group of peeps and over hearing them say dang that guys jacked.....
But ultimately WE ALL LIKE BEING NOTICIED!

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
I work out around alot of old people so I get some looks I like to go in there when its late and noone is there, I push for failure though

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011

Hey ogre...... I was just KIDDING bro! I love pain lol... seriously

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Hey ogre...... I was just KIDDING bro! I love pain lol... seriously

I wasnt sure at first cus i have read your training log and see your results. NOBODY lifts/looks like that without at least a little pain.

ATW, you aint old by my standards.. ;)

cmeliftheavy

cmeliftheavy

Jan 29, 2011
Mental game is everything for me!!
I am the ONLY one in my gym that pushes myself to the breaking point, Dripping sweat, some times kick the vomit. All eyes on me at all times! I give a "hell yeah" yell to picked the moral up in the gym. My motivation is within the mental game, its that part of me that says one more rep.
Just added a new word to my vocabulary ---- "pussified"

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic