Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Coffee and Your Health

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
All things have good and bad sweety.The only thing one can do is measure the pros and cons and see which ones favor you more.Also,there are plenty of ways to combat a calcium deficiency through diet alone so there's not too much worry from coffee.

Very true............just pointing out the other side.

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
All things have good and bad sweety.The only thing one can do is measure the pros and cons and see which ones favor you more.Also,there are plenty of ways to combat a calcium deficiency through diet alone

True enough, to each his poison or RX. We try to stay informed and weigh the facts according to our needs.
But that's another can of worms, Calcium, which has been getting applause from the cancer community but new research is putting the brakes on Calcium for people prone to heart disease. Seems it increases hardening of the arteries.
I've been taking Calcium Citrate w/ Magnesium & Vit D and guess I'll lower Calcium supplementation & take my chances w/ C 'cause heart health is my #1 priority. (And I should balance that bottomless coffee cup.) Tomorrow they'll discover my aromatic bath salts are leaching iron out of my system.

Last edited:
Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
LMFAO.Sorry I thought I had one but I didn't.

Hey, found an incomplete recipe that could be a good start; haven't tried it yet. I'm posting it as I found it. The seasonings & wine are w/out measurement, never heard of Bell's seasoning, but here it is:

Chicken & Low Carb Dumplings
Soup:
5 chicken quarters
2 bay leaves
celery salt
garlic powder
Bell's seasoning
2 chicken boullion cubes
black pepper
cooking wine (sauterne?)
3 carrots, sliced
1/2 onion, chopped
chopped parsley
water to cover

Dumplings:
1 1/2 C Bob's Red Mill Low Carb Baking Mix
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C milk
2 Tbsp butter
garlic powder
parsley
salt & pepper

How To Prepare: Boil soup ingredients covered until chicken is done. Remove meat from bones and return to soup. Prepare dumpling ingredients by mixing dry and cutting in butter, then add milk. Bring to a rapid boil and drop dumpling batter into boiling soup by tablespoonfuls. Cover and don't touch until dumplings have set.

Possible number of servings listed as 10-12 unless you're hosting BBers, then maybe four?

~Author Unknown

Last edited:
F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Hey, found an incomplete recipe that could be a good start; haven't tried it yet. I'm posting it as I found it. The seasonings & wine are w/out measurement, never heard of Bell's seasoning, but here it is:

Chicken & Low Carb Dumplings
Soup:
5 chicken quarters
2 bay leaves
celery salt
garlic powder
Bell's seasoning
2 chicken boullion cubes
black pepper
cooking wine (sauterne?)
3 carrots, sliced
1/2 onion, chopped
chopped parsley
water to cover

Dumplings:
1 1/2 C Bob's Red Mill Low Carb Baking Mix
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C milk
2 Tbsp butter
garlic powder
parsley
salt & pepper

How To Prepare: Boil soup ingredients covered until chicken is done. Remove meat from bones and return to soup. Prepare dumpling ingredients by mixing dry and cutting in butter, then add milk. Bring to a rapid boil and drop dumpling batter into boiling soup by tablespoonfuls. Cover and don't touch until dumplings have set.

Possible number of servings listed as 10-12 unless you're hosting BBers, then maybe four?

~Author Unknown

Damn,you beat me to it.Im sorry ive been slacking sweety.LOL

Thank you very much for posting it up.I'll give it a try and post up how I liked it or any changes I make.

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
Needs a little work F.I.S.T. but is promising; will watch for your version. According to the Bell's Seasoning website, the product is a combination of rosemary, oregano, sage, ginger, and marjoram. Bells - About Us

We southern belles have to have this dish occasionally or we'd fly the coop; and then who'd take care of everybody?:bz

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Needs a little work F.I.S.T. but is promising; will watch for your version. According to the Bell's Seasoning website, the product is a combination of rosemary, oregano, sage, ginger, and marjoram. Bells - About Us

We southern belles have to have this dish occasionally or we'd fly the coop; and then who'd take care of everybody?:bz

Thanks for the feedback sweety.I'll definitely be trying this this week end.

You're right about the needing you Southern Bells.You're a very special breed.LOL.For the men lucky enough to find you.

K

kane.d3

Oct 24, 2011
I always assumed it was caffeine and not coffee. People who are jacked on caffeine are more active, coffee or not. In fact if I'm having a bad day and need some energy i will pop some caffeine pills.

I would like to see a study of coffee drinkers vs. people who just use caffeine pills and see if they get similar results.

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
Coffee can be responcible for giving you gum decease.By heavy staining of your teeth... allowing Tar Tar to grow , which creaps down your teeth and into the gums.It rotts you tooth roots and can give you abcesses in your jaw.
Be sure to go to the dentist and get tar tar removed regularly.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Coffee can be responcible for giving you gum decease.By heavy staining of your teeth... allowing Tar Tar to grow , which creaps down your teeth and into the gums.It rotts you tooth roots and can give you abcesses in your jaw.
Be sure to go to the dentist and get tar tar removed regularly.

And brush your teethe regularly.If you don't do that,everything will rot your teeth out.I plan on starting soon.LOL

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
no brushing isnt enough to get rid of coffee stains.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
no brushing isnt enough to get rid of coffee stains.

No I was talking about the gum disease.I agree with you that it goods to get professional cleaning though,it surely helps.I just meant by regular brushing you can keep tarter build up to a minimum.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
And brush your teethe regularly.If you don't do that,everything will rot your teeth out.I plan on starting soon.LOL

Fuck brushing my teeth... I never do that... But as for caffeine being good for your health, I find its good for the health of the general public, particularly those who come near me...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic