Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

ChrisLindsay9's Journal - "Lightweight Strong"

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
OK i see what you guys mean. I guess my issue was that because I have a pretty big arch on the bench I realized that a belt limits my arch. But now I can definitely see how it can benefit someone who has issues with tightness. Thanks fellas

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
SQUAT - 142.8kg/315lb x1.
Opener. Depth was much better than last week. Top of earbud cord was at hip crease.
Just under 4 Weeks Out.
BW: 57.6kg/127lb.
BELT-LESS DEADLIFT w/ RED MINI-BANDS (lock-out work)
....235x1 x4 sets (55%).
HACK SQUAT MACHINE.
....(explosive concentric).
....2.5 PPSx8 x3 sets.
GHRs (off Lat Pull Machine).
....BWx8 x3 sets.
30 SECOND WEIGHTED PLANKS.
....90lb.
....135lb.
....180lb.
COOL DOWN.
....Back Extensions, Bird Dog, TFL/Hammy/Forearm Rolling.

https://youtu.be/N2OYm7J-VVo

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Nicely done man. I don't expect anything else.

What's your taper look like?

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Nicely done man. I don't expect anything else.

What's your taper look like?
Thanks!

The taper just started. It's pretty customized to account for having conservative openers on squat and bench, and to not feel too beat up right before a meet, like I've done in the past. And I'm doing my last heavy squat and deadlift days (opener followed by second attempt) a week earlier than a typical peak to build in more rest/recovery. My fluff n’ buff Fridays are now extra recovery/rest days. Assistance lifts will now be at RPE 6-7 intensity.

This week:
..Sunday (yesterday) – Squats - work up to Opener, followed by fatigue drop to sets at RPE 6-7
..Tuesday – Bench - work up to Opener, followed by fatigue drop to sets at RPE 6-7
..Thursday - Deadlift - Opener, followed by approximate second attempt, followed by fatigue drop sets at RPE 5-6.

Next week:
..Sunday – Squats - Opener, followed by approximate second attempt, followed by fatigue drop sets at RPE 5-6.
..Tuesday – Bench - work up to Opener, followed by fatigue drop to sets at RPE 6-7
..Thursday - Deadlift - work up to 10% of Opener (last warm-up), followed by fatigue drop to sets at RPE 6-7

Last training week:
..Sunday – Squats - work up to 10% of Opener (last warm-up), followed by fatigue drop to sets at RPE 6-7.
..Tuesday – Bench - Opener, followed by approximate second attempt, followed by fatigue drop sets at RPE 5-6.
..Thursday - Deadlift - work up to 10% of Opener (last warm-up), followed by fatigue drop to sets at RPE 6-7.

Competition week:
..Sunday/Monday – Deload all three lifts, then shut it down

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
So, your last ME deadlift day is twenty-three days out, followed by two consecutive low intensity weeks? You're gonna be chompin' at the bit to pull heavy weight come meet day.

315 looked VERY strong, Chris!!!!!

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
Chris I remember around the time when you started. I haven't been on much lately I had an injury a while ago. But I've poked around some, I just wanted to say I'm proud of ya man. You've come a very long way! Keep up the good work.

Kimm4

Kimm4

TID Lady Member
Feb 5, 2016
Looks like a great plan for the week. Best of luck and can't wait to hear how it goes!

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
ChrisLindsay9's Journal - "Lightweight Strong"

thanks, Chuck & Kim!!
Chris I remember around the time when you started. I haven't been on much lately I had an injury a while ago. But I've poked around some, I just wanted to say I'm proud of ya man. You've come a very long way! Keep up the good work.

Thanks Supe, you were an early and big supporter of me when I started my powerlifting pursuits. I'll never forget that either. Hope you are doing well and recover quickly.

So, your last ME deadlift day is twenty-three days out, followed by two consecutive low intensity weeks? You're gonna be chompin' at the bit to pull heavy weight come meet day.
I'm hoping that's the case. My 440 pull awhile back came after 2-3 weeks of lower weight RPE pulls. Hoping I can replicate that again.

....172x2 x3 sets (90%).
2-BOARD CLOSE GRIP BENCH w/ BenchBlokz.
....152x6 x4 sets.
CHEST PRESS MACHINE.
....4 sets of 8 at RPE 8.
PLATE FRONT SHOULDER RAISES w/ PAUSE.
....3 sets of 8 at RPE 8.
COOL DOWN.
....Band Pull-Aparts, Band Face Pulls, Forearm/Elbow/Wrist Rolling, Hammy/Quad/TFL Rolling.

https://youtu.be/hcuPeZ2Rs_4

Last edited:
TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Dude....you're barely using your legs. I can't wait to see what happens when arch is on point and legs are working overtime. PRs all over the place.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic