What's New?

ChrisLindsay9's Journal - "Lightweight Strong"

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
Nice work CL!

Your plan looks great.
+1. Gonna be a lonnnnnng week. Tell your honey it's her job to keep you calm with attentive love making. Conserve energy though. Only take the top if you're having trouble making weight.

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
Thursday checklist:
1. Visualize nine successful attempts.
2. Practice requisite victory dance after nine white lights.
3. Get Mohawk. (After all, we are talking the APF here.)

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Thursday checklist:
1. Visualize nine successful attempts.
2. Practice requisite victory dance after nine white lights.
3. Get Mohawk. (After all, we are talking the APF here.)
Thank you sir.

I didn't get the mohawk, but I did get a haircut and it did involve clippers ... buzz cutttttt!!

Weight is 123.8lbs. (123.459 is the magic number).

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I have a friend who gets a mohawk before his meets!!! I love it!

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
2015 MICHIGAN APF FALL OPEN - Summary

Sometimes you have a meet that doesn't quite go your way, but due to other things going on around you, it still ends up being a really enjoyable experience.

In a nutshell, for me personally, I can sum it up this way.
Squats - didn't go that well
Bench - went decent
Deadlifts - went pretty well

Squats (went 1/3)
1st Attempt - 297lb *vid*
2nd Attempt - 319lb *missed due to depth and/or not racking*
3rd Attempt - Passed *I got dizzy after my second attempt and decided not to go for a third attempt, I already got back my national record which was my most minimal of goals, so I decided not to chance any more on squats and risk being taken out of the meet if I passed out.

Bench Press (went 2/3)
1st Attempt - 171
2nd Attempt - 182 *vid*
3rd Attempt - 193 *brought the barbell down to low and it got stuck about 3" off my chest. I think I had it if I had executed close to perfect technique

Deadlift (went 3/3)
1st Attempt - 397
2nd Attempt - 418
3rd Attempt - 430 *vid*

This meet was an enjoyable experience for three reasons:
1. My coach, Shaun, pulled 600 at 195 weight class, age 40-44 division. That was a big PR for him.
2. My friend Jake who I introduced powerlifting to and taught how to deadlift had a great meet, going 9/9 in the 132 weight class (lifts: 293 sq/220bn/403dl). I'm telling you that this guy has a high ceiling. And here's interesting drama surrounding him at the meet....

• He cut 9lbs of water within 36 hours before weigh-in. I suggested that he just not try it, but he did anyways.
  • He was late warming up on bench, only pressing 135 for 5 reps, and he opened with 187.
  • On his deadlift, he jumped from his opener at 336 to 391 second attempt (got it). He went for 396 because it would give him a 900+ total (which was his primary target/goal).
3. And most importantly, my wife went 6/6 on her push-pull. She PR'd her paused bench at 110lbs and PR'd her deadlift at 203lbs. she's lamenting not going for 115lbs, but I told her that everyone leaves weight behind during their first competition. You can't help it. It's a combination of nerves and wanting to get as many white lights as possible.

And so, that's why I say that despite my squats keeping me from having a solid day, I still was glad that the people I lift with had a great meet. And I can always find redemption at the end of the meet with my deadlift.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Nice work CL!

Sorry to hear about squats, but you did great either way.

U

uncxrt

MuscleHead
Sep 7, 2015
Awesome job man! Even though things didn't go as planned, it's good to see you had a great time!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Crazy!!! You did fantastic!!!

"I have great respect for any man who stands on a platform." -Louie Simmons

Brother you did it!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic