Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

ChrisLindsay9's Journal - "Lightweight Strong"

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
OMG a gym vacation!!! I love gym vacations!

As you know I just went on one to POB's and it was one of the funnest times of my life!

That gym you went to is mind blowing!!! How wild is that?

Your vids there were great. The dead vid is terrific. You might have BI or POB check the squat vid from down there.

Your box squat vid was very impressive. The box was below parallel.

Wow Chris what a great time and impressive vids from that.

I just really freak out!!!

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
TUESDAY - 09/15/15: Bench Press - Deload
*Week 6/11 of the “Pursuit of 1000 Total” Program (5 Weeks, 4 Days til 2015 APF Fall Open - Michigan)
**Training Maxes for this program: Sq 335 (belt-only); Bn 205; Dl 425

Supplements
Pre-Workout: None
Intra Workout: MHP BCAA 10x (1/2 Scoop), MHP BCAA w/ Energy (1/2 Scoop), Gatorade (32 oz.)

Warm-Up
Band Pull-Aparts, Band Shoulder Tornados, DB 1-Hand External Rotations

Deload Bench

Bench: 135x2 x6 sets (65%) *vidS*
Pause Bench: 145x1 x3 sets (70%) *vid*
2-Board CG Bench: 135x7 x4 sets (RPE 6)
DB Shrugs: 75s x15 (RPE 6)
BW Pullups w/ Grenade Handles: 2 sets of 10 reps (RPE 6-7) *vid*

HIIT - Weighted Jumps/Sled Push

Cool-Down
Band Face Pulls, Band Pull-Aparts, Forearm/Elbow Flossing, Dreadmill Cardio (20 minutes - target heartrate 115-120)

Videos
I don't know, it sometimes doesn't seem like pressing diagonally away from my chest is optimal for me. Maybe it's my long arms, but it feels like I get no leverage when the bar is landing just below my ribs. I'd love to see a video of someone benching with long arms (and I mean the arms "can touch the top of your knees while standing up" long). Anyone know of a powerlifter with gorilla arms?
Bench:
Pull-Ups:
Tried these new grenade handles for pull-ups. It was recommended that I try them as an accessory to my bench day because the handles keep your elbows in (like you do when you bench press), unlike standard pull-ups where your elbows flare out. It will take some time for my grip to acclimate to them, but they definitely make pull-ups a bit more challenging and interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
No I don't know anyone like that. But your work is certainly superior and represents huge effort and strength!!! I am just amazed and inspired by what your do!

Eclipse73

Eclipse73

MuscleHead
Nov 13, 2014
Chris my friend---I missed some great workouts!!!!!!
Great deload days-really,I watched your vids with pleasure-ton of work.
Low box squat-that was cool-looks very good.
Sled push -I thought that you go through the wall :):):)
How do you feel during deload???

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
THURSDAY - 09/18/15: Squat - Deload
*Week 6/11 of the “Pursuit of 1000 Total” Program (5 Weeks, 2 Days til 2015 APF Fall Open - Michigan)
**Training Maxes for this program: Sq 335 (belt-only); Bn 205; Dl 425

Supplements
Pre-Workout: None
Intra Workout: MHP BCAA 10x (1/2 Scoop), MHP BCAA w/ Energy (1/2 Scoop), Gatorade (12 oz.)

Warm-Up
Bodyweight Squats, Banded Good Mornings, Tons of reps with Bar

Deload Squat

Squat: 220x2 x6 sets (65%) *vid*
Squat: 235x1 x3 sets (70%) *vid*
BB Hack Squats: 185x6 x3 sets (RPE 6)
BB Glute Bridge: 195x6 x3 sets (RPE 6)
DB Split Squats: 15s x8 x3 sets (RPE 6)

HIIT Cardio (Battle Rope Tabata)

Cool-Down
TFL Rolling, Hamstring Rolling, Dreadmill Cardio (20 minutes - target heartrate 115-120)

Notes
I'm feeling really good. It took some mental discipline to stick to deload intensity. But I have three weeks of balls-to-the-wall training ahead of me, so I just reminded myself that I could unleash fury starting on Sunday.

Peaking.jpg

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Very nice very nice Chris! Great form Chris! Good job keeping to the program. You are outstanding!

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
I'd love to find a gym like that one you visited in Florida. Great work brother.

beng30

beng30

Jan 19, 2012
Great vids and log chris, good to see the work and prep that goes into peaking for a comp.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Competition Preparation Update: It had been my intention to start competing in the 132lb/60kg weight class, but I never really put on the bulk/mass to feel like I could be competitive in that weight class at this time. So after I got back from my vacation, I decided that if my weight was under 135, I'd attempt to compete back down to 123lb/56kg. I ended up weighing in at 131.7lb. So I have been on a slight calorie deficit diet, introduced some cardio, and have reduced my carb intake from 45% to 35% (including none after 7pm on non-training days). It'll be my biggest cut attempt, but I think I'll be alright. I can't manipulate water as much, since I'm on always on a diuretic of sorts (blood pressure medicine), but I think I might be able to drop 2 lbs. of water during meet week with water loading. Any comments/suggestions/feedback on this would be appreciated.

<><><>

SUNDAY - 09/20/15: DEADLIFT
*4 Weeks, 6 Days til 2015 APF Fall Open - Michigan

BW: 128.9lbs (hoping to compete in 123lb/56kg)

Supplements
Pre-Workout: Zero Calorie Monster
Intra Workout: MHP BCAA 10x (1 Scoop), MHP BCAA w/ Energy (1 Scoop), Gatorade (32 oz.)

Warm-Up
BW Squats, Band Good Mornings, Band Pull-Aparts, Band Shoulder Tornados

Deadlifts

Deadlifts: 365x4 x2 sets (85%); 340x5 x2 sets (80%) *vids*
BB Row: 155x6 x3 sets (RPE 9)
Lat Pulldown: 130x8 x3 sets (RPE 9)
Weighted Planks - worked up 160lb in plates for 30 second holds (two sets)
HIIT Cardio - 4 intervals

Cool-Down

TFL/IT Band Rolling, Hamstring Rolling, Shoulders, Dreadmill (20 minutes)

Notes
Man, I think I finally figured out how to deload. The weight just felt great. Also, I feel like I've had a minor epiphany with deadlift as it relates to cues/technique. I have been doing so many things regarding new cues and adjustments to my technique, that I recently reminded myself of something that I think I had forgotten. Pull towards your body. Just doing that seems to override some of the other flaws in the pull (and set-up). And it's helped me to better time when to push the hips forward at the lockout.

Videos
Deadlift - Because the weight was moving great during warm-ups, I purposely worked on contracting my glutes at the lock-out, which is why you see a slight stutter. It is intentional, but the hope is to be able to do this with one fluid motion. Also, I may be wearing my singlet (or something with smooth fabric on my legs) during my meet-prep deadlifts. The bar hitting my shorts is a little distracting.

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
Really nice work, Chris. I'm with you on the cues. I have often overwhelmed myself.

You should easily drop the last couple of pounds with water loading without consequences. From what I've experienced, the problems often occur when attempting to lose 5% bodyweight or more.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic