Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

chipotle

TheSwindler

TheSwindler

May 5, 2014
Whats everyone's opinion on chipotle during a diet. Cheat meal, complete shit etc curious what everyone has to say

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
If you're following IIFYM guidelines it's completely fine.

If you're on a structured diet from a nutritionist then I would think cheat meal only.

I watched on YouTube a guy using IIFYM guidelines eat chipotle until the day of his body building show.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Anything that could be considered fast food is a cheat meal for me purely because the sodium content is much higher than what I use at home (even in the vegetables!). Salt brings out the natural flavors of foods so these places are sure to include a bunch of it to make sure you still want to buy their stuff.

But, I have gone to Chipotle a few times when I'm in a time crunch.... burrito bowl - beans, brown rice, green salsa, lettuce, chicken or barbacoa, TINY bit of sour cream, dash of cheese... if you really want to restrict calories/carbs, use the fajita vegetables in lieu of beans/rice

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Their food sucks, everyone I know renamed it Chipoopte since you are in the bathroom within an hour of eating it.

Anyways, I think the answer is covered above, just needed to spout my hatred for their food, lol

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Qdoba is better.

There's a local place near my former employer that LOADED up burritos for a quick 1500 cals for 7-8 bucks. The sodium bloat was awful but great mass builder post workout on a bulk.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Their food sucks, everyone I know renamed it Chipoopte since you are in the bathroom within an hour of eating it.

Anyways, I think the answer is covered above, just needed to spout my hatred for their food, lol

We don't have a Chipotle here, we have a place called Free Birds. Their stuff is real nice. I haven't been there in a while though. I think because I'm lazy and don't feel like going inside.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
We don't have a Chipotle here, we have a place called Free Birds. Their stuff is real nice. I haven't been there in a while though. I think because I'm lazy and don't feel like going inside.

You mean outside? As in outside of the basement?

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Fuk lk and uhc. Chipotle is great

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Anything that could be considered fast food is a cheat meal for me purely because the sodium content is much higher than what I use at home (even in the vegetables!). Salt brings out the natural flavors of foods so these places are sure to include a bunch of it to make sure you still want to buy their stuff.

But, I have gone to Chipotle a few times when I'm in a time crunch…. burrito bowl - beans, brown rice, green salsa, lettuce, chicken or barbacoa, TINY bit of sour cream, dash of cheese... if you really want to restrict calories/carbs, use the fajita vegetables in lieu of beans/rice
Had one today…Double chicken..

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Agree with uphill I prefer Qdoba... But I don't see how meat and rice is considered a cheat meal. Its a lot of cals because its a big meal, but before or after a big leg or back day I don't see the problem.

THen again I'm not exactly Mr Shreds :)

TheSwindler

TheSwindler

May 5, 2014
Well then seems like I'm in the minority here because I love a good double steak burrito after a hard workout, but that's only every once in a while. At least its somewhat healthy is my thoughts when i go ahead and get one

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic