Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Child support

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I actually have 50/50 custody but that doesn’t really matter. When I moved 45 minutes from my daughter the court ordered me to do all the driving. Fast forward my ex moved an hour away from original home & I had to do all the driving. In the beginning it was one picks up & one drops off per the court.

My wife did cheat, moved the guy in real quick & later had a baby with him. They split up because he is schizophrenic (for real) & guess what. She never went after him for a dime of child support.

In the beginning the judge ordered me to pay $1000 per month until the divorce was finalized. Guess who didn’t show up to a bunch of court dates just to drag out that $1k pay check. Once finalized that was cut in half.

You’re correct in its an old school way of thinking. I think men should have more rights in todays day and age. One man’s opinion.
I think it would be awesome if people picked good mates, worked through their issues, raised their children with good moral grounding, stayed married, and divorce rate was not something even in our vernacular. But the agenda apparently was to confuse gender roles, pit women against men, pit men against women, push women into the work force, have our children raised by institutionalized childcare and academic institutions, and weaponize the courts to favor pulling fathers out of homes, increase the welfare state, and remake society in the image of Betty Friedan and Gloria Steinem. Congratulations America. Next stop Trans-pedo-Marxia.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I hate to hear this!!

My wife and I have been together for over 35 years. When we got married we were young, broke, stupid, and may the decision the day we got married that we would never get divorced. We have been through more hell than most people can even imagine and we still are best friends and love each other like an insatiable fire.

Not putting anybody down that gets divorced at all just saying it takes a lot more to make a relationship work than most people choose to do. A lot of this is on one side and not both and a relationship cannot stay strong without both people giving everything they have without keeping the score.

My wife and I have our disagreements and we've had our knocked down drag out fights. But the one thing that we always come back to is we love each other enough to get married and we will do whatever it takes to stay that way until the day one of us dies.

It always seems that one person in a relationship gives up or gets bored or looks for "love" somewhere else and with someone else. Affairs happen it's just human nature and I or I should say we believe in complete forgiveness no matter what the other person might do. But, with that said, we live our lives to not have to be forgiven but we're human and we make mistakes.

I have seen so many of my clients go through divorces, fighting in the courts for custody of their children, spending a fortune fighting a fight that probably could have been avoided if the two people that loved each other realized that at one point they did love each other enough to get married and make children and they should do whatever it takes to make things work and if you can't at least live an amicable life not only for their children but why live with so much stress about someone you're no longer with.

I am not directing any of the above towards the original poster for anyone else just my two cents.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
For the record I did everything I could to avoid going through a divorce. Once I found out she was cheating that changed.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
For the record I did everything I could to avoid going through a divorce. Once I found out she was cheating that changed.
That’s my deal breaker too. Now I don’t give a F**k anymore. I was with so much crap from my X, I was like, never again will I be in this position. I’m single and talk to women all day he time. And for whatever reason, they all think they can change my mind to getting married, or wanting kids, pets, living together… nope.. LOL I like my space and freedom.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
That’s my deal breaker too. Now I don’t give a F**k anymore. I was with so much crap from my X, I was like, never again will I be in this position. I’m single and talk to women all day he time. And for whatever reason, they all think they can change my mind to getting married, or wanting kids, pets, living together… nope.. LOL I like my space and freedom.
I get it. I’m dating g a gal that puts absolutely no pressure on me. I think she has me figured out, it doesn’t take much for me to shut down anymore.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I've been married 40 years. Some days I really want out but I keep sticking it out. Why? Because I want to be a good man and they don't piss me off enough to pull the trigger on chaos.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Issue with child support is that it becomes a series of loopholes when the state attaches your pay and gets reimbursed by your child support payments. I'm fairly certain that if you pay your child support on time in full directly to the mother the state does not get involved. I paid my ex more than I had to direct to her and I told her if she goes to the state she would only get the amount mandated by the court, much less than she was getting direct from me. When my son turned 18 I stopped paying and she knew it would be futile to fight it. As far as medical, the child has to be going to school full time to get it.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Issue with child support is that it becomes a series of loopholes when the state attaches your pay and gets reimbursed by your child support payments. I'm fairly certain that if you pay your child support on time in full directly to the mother the state does not get involved. I paid my ex more than I had to direct to her and I told her if she goes to the state she would only get the amount mandated by the court, much less than she was getting direct from me. When my son turned 18 I stopped paying and she knew it would be futile to fight it. As far as medical, the child has to be going to school full time to get it.
For me the state getting involved was fantastic! I had a paper trail a mile long & it put a stop to the lies & bs the ex just lived.

A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
I had to pay child support to two different ex wives in two different states for a total of 27 years.
$435k to the first ex
$87k to the second ex

There was a time for about three years where CA and KY were both taking half of my gross earnings each paycheck.
I would literally get paychecks for $00.00 after 40 hr work week.
And then I would owe taxes at the end of the year, too.
It got so bad that I took a p/t pizza delivery job and ended up having to keep that job for over a decade.
I used to deliver pizzas and live in my car for awhile.
Anyway, every time I went to court it was like talking to a brick wall.
The courts have little regard for the father’s rights or their life for that matter.
I should’ve cheated on both of them when I had the chance.
I can say I’m paid in full for both of them tho.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic