Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Carrier oils

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
Very interesting. When I brewed my own back in the 90s I always used grapeseed oil, BB and BA and one time used OE which I tolerated fine but never used again. I also stopped using BB as all my projects were with long esters and much easier to suspend.

I know a lot of UG guys use MCT oil now. I think with MCT a sub Q shot would be beneficial as it takes longer to dissipate from the depot area unlike IM. I do not how much longer mind you.

What if a UG lab went with half MCT and half EVOO? would it increase depot time?

Lots of questions. I have no idea what is in my script test. Never read the lit.
The video has really got me thinking about things too. In the past, I never really put much thought into oils or solvents beyond how it flows or PIP.

I don’t even know what the carrier oil used in my current gear is. It only lists the ba/bb content. I sent him a message to see what is used in the 250/ml products.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I have a sneaky suspicion the reason I have bad follicutitus on my back for the last few years is from the gear I have been using. In particular the carrier oil. I have been using the same brand for my trt for as long as it’s been going on I think. I’m finally trying a different source but no idea if they use same carrier oil. What doesn’t make sense is that it had GSO and GSO is only carrier that doesn’t give me pip. Although I have only used MCT besides GSO. Oh wait, I remember one source used cottonseed. I would swell up bad but no pip. Was weird. I definitely need to experiment. The follicutitus flares up the more my back sweats. It would make sense that I am sweating out the carrier oil and that’s what’s clogging and irritating the hair follicles. To be continued!

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
The video has really got me thinking about things too. In the past, I never really put much thought into oils or solvents beyond how it flows or PIP.

I don’t even know what the carrier oil used in my current gear is. It only lists the ba/bb content. I sent him a message to see what is used in the 250/ml products.
Many UGLs do not like to share there “recipe” many will lie. Or only share the main carrier oil they use. I know for a fact back in the TSC days many of the sources would add a little EO to make it thinner and help with pip. Unless you’re one of the unlucky (or lucky, depending on how you look at it) that was allergic. Like me. They would not tell customers it was in there at the time because it had a bad wrap. There are sources that copy’s pharmacy Watson Test recipe. I forget the carrier oil but it’s not GSO. I want to say Caster oil but could be wrong. Obviously it’s gonna be thicker and slin pins won’t be the best idea. Pharmacy test doesn’t use GSO or MCT. The two most popular used by UGLs. Probably for a reason. Haven’t had a chance to watch the video but Steve always has some good info. I’ll watch soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Someone please fix my last post. I can’t edit! I’m a dumbass!

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Very interesting. When I brewed my own back in the 90s I always used grapeseed oil, BB and BA and one time used OE which I tolerated fine but never used again. I also stopped using BB as all my projects were with long esters and much easier to suspend.

I know a lot of UG guys use MCT oil now. I think with MCT a sub Q shot would be beneficial as it takes longer to dissipate from the depot area unlike IM. I do not how much longer mind you.

What if a UG lab went with half MCT and half EVOO? would it increase depot time?

Lots of questions. I have no idea what is in my script test. Never read the lit.
I just ordered grape seed to see how much of a difference I get compared to MCT. I have never use anything other than BA or BB as a solvent. I have no problem injecting more versus a single high dose.

As far as mixing MCT and olive oil with depot time compared to what?

Your prescription probably has grape seed or cotton seed. If you can't find it on the file or the insert you can go to the manufacturer's website they should tell you exactly what's in it but they will probably list in grams so then you would have to use moles to convert to %

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Many UGLs do not like to share there “recipe” many will lie . . . .

Someone please fix my last post. I can’t edit! I’m a dumbass!

Maybe you should have watched the video first dumbass lol
And you both can't spell worth a shit :p. Good thing for you, Klu, that (1) you're a pretty fucking great member, and (2) that LK has long been called "the jolly old soul" among board Admins.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
And you both can't spell worth a shit :p. Good thing for you, Klu, that (1) you're a pretty fucking great member, and (2) that LK has long been called "the jolly old soul" among board Admins.
Lmao. I would totally have understood a temp ban or whatever. That’s what happens when I can’t be as active on the boards as I would like. Forget dumb shit like that. It could have been much worse. I’ll just leave it at that. But appreciate you guys. As soon as I realized what I did I reported myself. Lol.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Lmao. I would totally have understood a temp ban or whatever. That’s what happens when I can’t be as active on the boards as I would like. Forget dumb shit like that. It could have been much worse. I’ll just leave it at that. But appreciate you guys. As soon as I realized what I did I reported myself. Lol.
Can't remember specifics, but a few yrs ago I was on ugbb as well as here ... and did something similar on one of the 2 boards.

mugzy, who used to be here b4 moving to admin ug ... he + LK alternately engaged me via pm on both boards with tacit threats about a gloomy future for me. They played pm ping pong with me for as long as it took me to catch on I didn't need to keep racing to reply.

(I take back what I said above about LK being nice)

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Can't remember specifics, but a few yrs ago I was on ugbb as well as here ... and did something similar on one of the 2 boards.

mugzy, who used to be here b4 moving to admin ug ... he + LK alternately engaged me via pm on both boards with tacit threats about a gloomy future for me. They played pm ping pong with me for as long as it took me to catch on I didn't need to keep racing to reply.

(I take back what I said above about LK being nice)
I think everyone who has been on the boards since they started has done it once. I did it once on WCBB and observed it a number of times by vets, mods and admins. A quick edit and PM reminder they are an idiot and need to be more careful usually does the trick.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I have a sneaky suspicion the reason I have bad follicutitus on my back for the last few years is from the gear I have been using. In particular the carrier oil. I have been using the same brand for my trt for as long as it’s been going on I think. I’m finally trying a different source but no idea if they use same carrier oil. What doesn’t make sense is that it had GSO and GSO is only carrier that doesn’t give me pip. Although I have only used MCT besides GSO. Oh wait, I remember one source used cottonseed. I would swell up bad but no pip. Was weird. I definitely need to experiment. The follicutitus flares up the more my back sweats. It would make sense that I am sweating out the carrier oil and that’s what’s clogging and irritating the hair follicles. To be continued!
I meant safflower seed oil that messed me up. Not cotton seed oil. If anyone remembers Strango. I was told that’s what he used.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I meant safflower seed oil that messed me up. Not cotton seed oil. If anyone remembers Strango. I was told that’s what he used.
Not sure, but Strango and safflower is what I heard too. A guy we both knew from TSC, maybe SA a/o SOI as well, was in need once, so I gifted him some Strango. He thanked me and added he couldn't handle safflower, lmao. The Lord works in nefarious ways ..........

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic