arcticranger
What's New?

Carmax

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Anyone ever buy a car through them? Looking for a pre-owned and they actually had the car I want with more options and a better price than any of the dealers around here.
Just curious to see if there are any issues with them, hidden costs, problems.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
@Flying Dragon, I finally found that lime green 1987 Geo Metro btw, we'll be cruising in no time!

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Never had any dealings with them.

Last week a Carmax salesman was killed in a car accident on a test drive out here. Sad.

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
I like to buy from older people as they tend to keep great care of your car. My brother got two vehicles from Carmax and both were quite reliable. A Ford Ranger and a Ford Escape. He got the full coverage maintenance and repairs options on both. Was quite reasonable.

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
They're pretty much just like any car dealership. They'll probably try and sell you an extended warranty, and maybe try and get you to finance through them, but that's about it...I actually bought my last truck through a Ford dealership and was pleasantly surprised. There was a little bit of the standard back and forth "negotiating", but it wasn't a f*cking nightmare like past dealings I've had with dealerships...

Last edited:
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I'llbe trying them out soon too. They've got a good name and niche here, I like the fact you can get different brands and low mileage lease used vehicles.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
LK, I always took you for a BMW or Mercedes dealership type of guy. I'm really surprised.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
LK, I always took you for a BMW or Mercedes dealership type of guy. I'm really surprised.

Infiniti's sir. Things change with 2 kids and building a house this year. Buying a new car or adding upgrades to the house are my options. Getting a pre-owned is what I can do right now. Only looking for something new since my current ride just hit 91K miles, been doing a shit ton of traveling and never had a car with this many miles in such a short time.
Never really liked the inside of the BMW, drove the 3's and 5's a few times, and just didn't like the way the seat and console made my leg/hips feel in the car. Mercedes isn't my type.

G

gymrat827

VIP Member
Nov 5, 2012
they arent bad, but they will not budge on the price.

they tend to already go a bit lower then most, but if the car is 20k and you offer 19.5, they wont take it in most cases.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Damn you RAIDEN, went out Saturday and bought an Infiniti and I blame it on you!!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Atta'boy. Are you gonna take me cruising in it?

No, just because you're not driving doesn't give you an open ticket to road head, it's creepy.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic