Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Cardio/ training in the heat

superman4hire

superman4hire

May 23, 2013
copy and paste:

When it's hot outside, your heart has to pump harder to cool off the hard working muscles along with the rest of the body. It does this by pumping more blood to the extremities so that the heat can be released in the form of sweat. If you stop to check your heart rate when exercising in hot weather, you'll usually find that it's higher than when you do the same routine under cooler conditions. Since exercising in the heat also places additional stress on the heart, it provides additional cardiovascular and fat burning benefits.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
copy and paste:

When it's hot outside, your heart has to pump harder to cool off the hard working muscles along with the rest of the body. It does this by pumping more blood to the extremities so that the heat can be released in the form of sweat. If you stop to check your heart rate when exercising in hot weather, you'll usually find that it's higher than when you do the same routine under cooler conditions. Since exercising in the heat also places additional stress on the heart, it provides additional cardiovascular and fat burning benefits.

Well I'm almost 270lbs and hot and sweaty even in the winter. How come I'm not shredded? When you c&p you should cite your source so others can evaluate whether it is legit or not brother.

M

Maquinita

May 14, 2013
Speaking as an endurance athlete in sport that competes at height of hot season, it just promotes what we call "building capacity". In most conditioning based sports athletes actually travel to spend off season training in humid/ hot climates to gain this training, as it's more beneficial to building a 'big machine' in a shorter time frame. Tiring as **** though. If you're going to train in severe heat I'd suggest a slow and low until you acclimate then do the threshold effort work then short HIIT. Just be conservative, I've seen whippets with bunny hearts underestimate heat, it gets ugly fast if you aren't careful in those conditions.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast wins. Applys universally in my opinion.

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Good advice. Years ago we were training in AZ for the sandbox show, and some suits decided they were going to train with us. Full BDU's, armor and 50 lb salt pack. One person had a heart attack and expired, the rest had to go for medical treatment.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
I've always like to do cardio in the heat, but I think it's more of a mental game than anything...
Same here. Exactly how I feel about hiking our pulling a drag sled in the Arizona summer.

copy and paste:

Despite not having a source, physiologically this makes a lot of sense. Weather it equates to increased fat loss I don't know, but working out in the heat definitely puts more strain on the body.

Hell last night had a patient come in that was found down in her un air conditioned house. Just laying there unconscious put enough strain on her to almost kill her. Actually she probably will die. But that's the ICU's problem. Her temp was 108 degrees when she got to the ER.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic