Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Carb blockers

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I was asked if there was anything that could be taken to block carbohydrates. I replied, yeah your hand, put it over your mouth. They were asking about one of those GNC products and I knew that shit was garbage. Well I did some digging and apparently there is a prescription that they use for type 2 diabetes. The two that came up were Acarbose (Precose) an Miglitol (Glyset)

Does anyone know anything about these and or have used them? Again, they are a script and if used for diabetes, weight loss would be an off label use so good luck getting a Dr. to put a pen to his pad on that one.

I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
I don't know much about those drugs but DNP is essentially a carb blocker.

Doing some reading, there's a couple of ways diabetic medication handles carbs. One way is to inhibit the bodies ability to convert carbohydrates into glucose, another inhibit the bodies ability to absorb glucose. DNP does the latter and was at one point researched as a Type2 diabetes treatment.

Winter is coming and heating fuel is expensive. :)

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I don't know much about those drugs but DNP is essentially a carb blocker.
That's what popped in my head when read the post. I was lurking to see if there were real pharmaceuticals for it though.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Not familiar with those, sorry. Traditionally, Berberine seemed to be a common carb blocking supp.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Not familiar with those, sorry. Traditionally, Berberine seemed to be a common carb blocking supp.
Thanks for the information brother. Wow! I researched Berberine and the health benifits extend beyond just weight loss.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic