Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Can't run w/o wicked shin splints - should I reduce dosage?

georgia21

georgia21

Aug 30, 2010
Im currently on 800mg/wk EQ and 750mg/wk TestE. - Going into 4th week now and I cant run over a mile without having to stop and walk due to terrible shin splints. Even my legs just feel fatigued. Prior to this cycle I was able to run 4 miles continuous and felt good.

I have to assume its the gear doing it and wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Really dont want to stop running since I feel it is the best cardio for me to lean out and aerobically superior to anything else.

thanks

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Could you be retaining water which is causing additional pressure and therefore your splints? Are you stretching the area?

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
what about doing intervals? But man, very rare do you hear about bb'ers running these days! I think of Frank Zane or Arnold from the 70's when I picture a bb'er run...

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Shin splints or leg muscle pumps. I get wicked leg pumps calf and shin on cycle which is why I don't run so much on cycle anymore.

T

timmyb

Dec 3, 2011
I used to get them something fierce. Bought a pair of Vibrims and I have not had a problem since. Get the sprints or cross trainers. Great for dead lift and squats too.

J

jawan2012

Feb 16, 2012
I used to get shin splints, but I completely changed the surface I ran on. I just moved to trail/mulc running.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You can also try bounding exercises to get your body able to run.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Try some good running shoes , 9 x's out 10 that's the problem.
I've been doing heavy rope work for about a month now and I'm a believer in it's cardio,, that and it's not as boring as hell as treadmill and I ain't jogging

Bubbagump

Bubbagump

Feb 28, 2013
I never got them before I gained weight. Now I can't run a block without getting splints. I didn't run for my whole first cycle as I thought I was getting plenty of cardio in mma gym. I think its a good idea to at least run a little after lifting to cool down and keep legs use to the new weight.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Tonic wAter has quinine in it. It will help reduce the painful pumps

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic