Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Callus removal

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Any one have a quick, easy, preferred remedy for callus removal/maintenance? I've heard of pumice stones, salicylic acid, epsom salts, etc... I just want something that's as effective as cutting/ripping them off, but with less discomfort and lingering soreness. #-o

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You want to maintain them so they don't tear but I woudn't remove them.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
So you would be an advocate of using a pumice stone type approach? Just file 'em down?

That's exactly what I advocate. I keep them maintained so I don't get them caught and torn but I don't remove them. I file down the edges to keep those smooth and I actually use a bar at the gym that has a HUGE knurling. It helps keep them in check. Don't removed them or your hands will get raw and don't wear gloves for anything.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Yeah, last thing you want to do is get your hands raw, if they are that much of a problem go with the pumice stone but do not take the whole callus off.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
You want to maintain them so they don't tear but I woudn't remove them.

^^^ This. I have had 2 callous tears and they hurt like fcuk and take forever to heal because they tear open again every time you lift.

I finally bought a callous file at my local drugstore and have had no problems since. It kind of looks a bit like a cheese grater on one side with a finer grit on the other (which I never use).

Looks pretty close to this:

5-pcs-lot-Original-pink-CALLUS-REMOVER-FOOT-RASP-FILE-Metal-File--N1061.jpg

Except I got a blue one, not pink. ;)

I just file them down when they start to get big enough they look like they might tear.

Last edited:
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I cut mine off using a manicure tool like pictured below. When they get to the point where they are really getting thick I just pinch them a bit till they raise up (they will stay if it is a good callous) and flush cut them with these clippers. It leaves it nice and flat with still a good amount of callous left. I then do a few cuts around the area to even it out.

100_6536.JPG

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Nail file after I chew off the top piece on my last 3 fingers (middle to pinky). Works fine for years.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic