Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Bullying - Worse now than when we were kids? Or are kids/parents just pussies now?

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I believe things had to be looked at a little differently after kids decided to brings guns to school and start shooting.

I was bullied twice as a kid both in kindergarten. Once at school and once in the neighborhood.

First time in school was a fat kid in his second year of K. He kept pushing me around and calling me names. It went on for a couple weeks. One day he was poking me with a pencil and I told him I was going to hit him if he didn't quit.

He didn't quit.

I hit him, turned around and walked away.

The next thing I knew the teacher tapped me on the back, I turned around and there was this kid with blood covering his nose, mouth, chin and shirt. I had no idea I hit him that hard.

I was to afraid to take the note home, that's what they did 40 years ago, and the teacher had to call after a few days.

I only got in trouble for not taking the note home. Glad I did it.

Second time was a group of kids from a different race, I lived in Chicago and it could be rough. I threw a hammer into the crowd. A girl went to the hospital, she wasn't making trouble but was in the crowd that was.

Not proud of that one.

I can understand the 0 tolerance policies after that incident.

H

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Most parents and kids are sissies these days. You aren't even allowed to defend yourself in a fight. Just take the beating and turtle up. Hope you don't get seriously hurt before a teacher can break it up. Same attitude as prisons and jails take....

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
No offense taken. Imagine if you will, dad receiving write up for "sexual misconduct" sh#t got damaged around here until I found out what it was about.

hes had some issues that he was definitely wrong and needed to be corrected, but in this case how could I be mad?
i have to step back sometimes and think about the crap I did when I was their age.

Exactly! It's hard to discipline a kid when you're laughing about it, (inside anyways). Brother, one time my youngest Son got in to some trouble, don't remember which incident this was . BUT it was serious enough he was gonna get a swat, so I'm about to give him the swat , he says..''Away with your weapon, I mean you no harm'' in Star Wars Yoda voice.... I couldn't go through with it I was laughing so hard.

G

Geisha

May 4, 2014
That's lucky for you.

My brother was in the same grade as me (he was held back) and he and especially his friends used to beat on me daily. Then I'd go home and they'd all be there in our shared bedroom playing my Nintendo. Then they'd be in the top bunk all night and there to torment me again in the morning. Shit was non-stop.

I only WISH I could have evaded bullies by simply turning off my phone.

I hear ya bro. Same here.

Not sure if today is any worse, than when I was a kid. I pretty much hated my childhood years, but my kids love life and going to school so my perception is skewed.

Reactions: HGH
M

micdiesel

Nov 5, 2014
No your wrong the bullies in the 90's were gangsters sure there is always teasing and ridicule. I work for the school system and these kids are angels compared to what I faced in the 90's. The stance on bullying public schools have taken is making a difference. If you want to bring social media into it if anything it brings things to light plus all these pussy kids know is YouTube these kids are soft and that's all there is to it

StorminMormon

StorminMormon

Jul 21, 2013
How the hell can you be cyber bullied. You can turn the computer off. If one of my kids complained about a cyber bully I'd kick his ass myself

It's like publicly bashing them. It's all in their circle of schools and grades. There's no getting away from it. It's like a box of puppy's, they all pick on one pup but eventually it rotates to another one then that all pick on that one. It's a form of entertainment. It probably would take a confident dad to pop him in the back of the head and say don't listen to them and why care? But parents are just as big of pussies as the kids these days. If a kid saw his dad blow of bullshit he would follow suite. If a girl saw her mom laugh of some stupid dram and keep on going they would learn how to do that. The hard part is the kids are I. That environment constantly with "bullies" but all the authority figures tell them not to defend themselves and being angry is just as wrong as picking on someone. It's all ****ed. If your kid isn't terrified of 5:30 pm your not doing your job. If your kid ain't dirty, sweaty with bumps and bruises you ain't doing them any good because their gonna have to figure out these lessons in their 20s. Their gonna be pushovers in corporations used, and walked all over. They will incur astronomical debt for degrees they can't do shit with; starting a career over $60,000 behind. They'll be to big of pussies to get into skilled labor because it's dirty and beneath their education while a kid who learned to weld on a farm will start working for $23 an hour as a certified welder with no "education" adding his skills, getting into more complex fields and making more money. That's what's causing such a great gap in social classes. Pussies afraid to work and hurt feelings and men and woman who smack their kids in the mouth, throw them outside all day and teach them not to put up with bullshit. : rant over

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
watch your mouth buddy. some faggots are bigger and meaner than you.
BAHAHAHAHAAA!!! but your really not a faggot... your just gay...

Reactions: HGH
HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
BAHAHAHAHAAA!!! but your really not a faggot... your just gay...

haha that's true.

but i love it when people are talkin that mess IRL and I drop the bomb that i'm gay. they get real quiet. no one expects the 230-pound guy with the huge beard to be gay.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I am with you guys... tell the kids to handle business and let you handle the administration... I had a couple teens telling me once about this kid who was cyberbulling one of them and no one was doing anything about it... I said... what do you mean by bullying??? "you know... talking all kind of junk about me on line and saying stuff" ... so I asked "DO you see them at school?" and they answered "Yeah... all the time.. at lunch and break..." so I asked again "And... What do they say?" .."They dont say anything... just give dirty looks" ...So I blessed them with a bit of old school "So the next time you see them... walk right up and beat that ass... no words... no nothing... stright up ass beating... connect your foot bone to their assbone... problem sovled... when you get home ask them how tough they feel now behind that keyboard"... get this shit... the answer was "But I will get in trouble and get suspended"... "And???? your bullying days will be long gone... tell them you asked for help and the did nothing... so you handled it"... And they never did anything... kids these days are pussies...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic