Members
Latest Member
Joannafit

Buddy blew out both knees at a meet.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
So, two weeks ago my buddy headed to Des Moines to do a meet. I was surprised he didn't ask me to be a handler. But, whatever the reason I had that Saturday off and our wifes had some brunch at Panera. I was trolling the boards and doing some paperwork when the ol lady calls. She says, Josiah blew out both his knees at the meet. No other info at that point.

So, I said for them to go home and gather up as much info as possible since we lived 3 hours away and pack an overnight bag for her and their newborn baby. It took a few hours but we swung by and scooped up her and the baby for a boring ass trip north. After one pee stop and a chocolate shake with two apple pies we made it to Mercy Hospital.

We found him in a tiny ER waiting room just downing his first painkillers of the day. I was said and happy simultaneosly...here was my injured buddy, but I was with him. He hugged and thanked us for bringing the misses and his childe as he fought back tears. Once emotions calmed we talked shop and found out he tore everything on his third attempt. The time wasn't right to ask for details plus it was after 8:00 and we had a long trip plus 3 teen boys to get home to.

So, we said our good byes stopped for some Panda Express and twisted Teas and headed home. I had thw wife drive while I navigated the single highway home. We landed safely while my buddy headed to the ER back home. You see they wanted him to do all his post op in Des Moines if he had surgery there so he wanted to do it at home.

Now, it's been two weeks and another mri and another ortho appointment and he has beem told two torn acl's, two mcl's one patella tendon and one quad. Dam! He sure did it right, but surgery is scheduled for Nov 15th. His body is wrecked and after a brief down period plus calls from Lilly and Tate he is in better spirits.

He has been been doing his work from a wheelchair since he is self employed. And his wife, family and friends have chipped in. I can only do so much cuz I am limited of time and finances. However, a text and a dinner plate always help.

He could use your thoughts and prayers and when will we spring for some dam half racks. Lets keep our boys safe cuz they need to work on Monday.

Hawk

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Holy crap that's bad news. Thanks for sharing and I'll keep him in my thoughts.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Sorry to hear. This is why I compete in a fed that uses safety chains. But I also wouldn't be getting calls from Lilly and Tate if I blew out my knee, so there is that...

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Thanks for sharing bro. Warm thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
sounds horrible, I hear these things, and then think about how old I am, and wonder when my next joint disaster will be.

I hope he gets well soon, we are all cheering him on.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
He has a good support team and more importantly his spirits are high. Goes in for surgery next week. He said he is excited to begin recovery since he is just waiting at the moment.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers,
Hawk

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I pray that surgery goes well for your friend CH.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
He has a positive attitude, and that's wonderful!

I hope he has a speedy recovery and gets back in action soon!

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
He has a positive attitude, and that's wonderful!

I hope he has a speedy recovery and gets back in action soon!
Thanks Rider,
Right now it's all about being able to walk again. Dude lives in a splt level so its stairs stairs, stairs all the time.

Hawk

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Really sorry to hear it...... I've got two friends that he should look up on facebook who both blew out knees like that.
Juju Yang blew both of hers out and is just recovering from her second surgery on them.
Tom Krawiek blew out both acl, mcl, pcl and tore a miniscus. 2 years later he was back to squatting 900 in meets at 181. He's a PT and very bright.

Both of them can help your buddy get an idea of what pt to focus on and what to expect coming back.
Good luck to him.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic