Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

Buddy blew out both knees at a meet.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
OUCH!.... Sorry to here this!... I wish him the best, friend!... I only had ACL reconstruction on my left knee years ago and it still gives me a fit to this very day!!!... Hopefully he will have a better go with it!!!...Keep us informed....

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
OUCH!.... Sorry to here this!... I wish him the best, friend!... I only had ACL reconstruction on my left knee years ago and it still gives me a fit to this very day!!!... Hopefully he will have a better go with it!!!...Keep us informed....
He had surgery today but it was even worse then they thought. He will be wheelchair bound for a few months but he will be doing pt next week. So, its just time and effort at this point.

Thanks,
Hawk

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Holy hell man.. that sucks! I tore a ligament in my knee back in high school and to date that was the worst physical pain I've ever experienced, hands down.. that sounds awful. Prayers for him

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Sorry to h
He had surgery today but it was even worse then they thought. He will be wheelchair bound for a few months but he will be doing pt next week. So, its just time and effort at this point.

Thanks,
Hawk
Sorry to here it again, friend!....Tell em to stay positive if possible!!!!... I know it will be a challenge, but it sounds like he is the type that can do it!!!.... Hopefully the surgery will correct most of the issue(s)....Then he can focus on recovery and ultimately getting back to it!!!!....Again, I wish him and his family the best!!!!....And Thanx for keeping us informed!!!!.... I look forward to hearing about his progress and I'm sure he has a great group of support from his family and friends, such as yourself!!!!

StriKing_Cobra

StriKing_Cobra

Trybal T&A Conveyor
Nov 30, 2016

Thanks,
Hawk

Damn that sucks, never like to hear a fellow PL'er go down. Keep in constant contact with him man. Speaking from experience, its not an easy transition from being a savage in the gym to not being shit sitting on a couch all day. Get him in the gym as soon as you can, even if all it is, is to socialize. A simple phone call or text can go a long way too. Also make him to cut the narcotics as soon as possible.

A buddy of mine blew both quads off his knee and it took him a good year to get back but he's back to squatting well over 750 now, just takes time and persistence.

Hope he heals up good and strong.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Damn that sucks, never like to hear a fellow PL'er go down. Keep in constant contact with him man. Speaking from experience, its not an easy transition from being a savage in the gym to not being shit sitting on a couch all day. Get him in the gym as soon as you can, even if all it is, is to socialize. A simple phone call or text can go a long way too. Also make him to cut the narcotics as soon as possible.

A buddy of mine blew both quads off his knee and it took him a good year to get back but he's back to squatting well over 750 now, just takes time and persistence.

Hope he heals up good and strong.

My wife and I just brought him and his wife some wings last night. He's not that interested in a return to Pling. He just wants to get walking, driving and carrying his newborn daughter again. Can't say I blame him as it made me think as well. Thousands of dollars in surgery and rehab, months of pain and downtime...for what? A medallion, plastic trophy, pride? It certainly aint money and no one really cares besides our iron brothers. Half the time I have to explain wtf pling is to people...Dave Tate, Ed Coan, Green, Efferding all roll off our tongue but no one even knows of the best plers. Hell, I held a uspa masters full power record for an entire month...didn't get to ride that wave long.

But, I ranted for no reason...sorry Cobra. The important is that he gets well and gets on with life. Thanks for your positive thoughts my man and you are right a text can go a long way. I call him Franknestein when I tease and or encourage him. Good advice!

Thanks,
Hawk

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Hawk,

Your not the only one who has been thinking the same thing for a while now. Is the ego trip worth the risk at this point in my life, Im not sure anymore..

StriKing_Cobra

StriKing_Cobra

Trybal T&A Conveyor
Nov 30, 2016
My wife and I just brought him and his wife some wings last night. He's not that interested in a return to Pling. He just wants to get walking, driving and carrying his newborn daughter again. Can't say I blame him as it made me think as well. Thousands of dollars in surgery and rehab, months of pain and downtime...for what? A medallion, plastic trophy, pride? It certainly aint money and no one really cares besides our iron brothers. Half the time I have to explain wtf pling is to people...Dave Tate, Ed Coan, Green, Efferding all roll off our tongue but no one even knows of the best plers. Hell, I held a uspa masters full power record for an entire month...didn't get to ride that wave long.

But, I ranted for no reason...sorry Cobra. The important is that he gets well and gets on with life. Thanks for your positive thoughts my man and you are right a text can go a long way. I call him Franknestein when I tease and or encourage him. Good advice!

Thanks,
Hawk

For me, I didn't start competitive powerlifting till after I blew my knee/quad out. At one point all I ever wanted to do was walk down a flight of stairs normal again. But after I was able to start lifting again, it gave me a goal to go after. I wanted to not let my injury hold me back from anything in life. The trophies and records and all that stuff don't really mean shit, its the stories behind each one and the friendships you create along the way that count.

But I know what you mean. Nobody cares about your total, nobody cares about your training.....except other fellow powerlifters. There comes a time in any competitors life when they have to figure out if the reward still outweighs the risk or not.

Hey there's always being a bench fag to consider!

Hope the best for your friend

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
I know the feeling of torn ligaments...front quad tendon torn off knee cap. I did mine in 2009...and not to be a downer...but I have never been able to squat like I used too. Plus due to muscle imbalance I have had several micro tears in the quads..
I cant really squat anymore over 315..or I take the risk of tearing the muscle again.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
For me, I didn't start competitive powerlifting till after I blew my knee/quad out. At one point all I ever wanted to do was walk down a flight of stairs normal again. But after I was able to start lifting again, it gave me a goal to go after. I wanted to not let my injury hold me back from anything in life. The trophies and records and all that stuff don't really mean shit, its the stories behind each one and the friendships you create along the way that count.

But I know what you mean. Nobody cares about your total, nobody cares about your training.....except other fellow powerlifters. There comes a time in any competitors life when they have to figure out if the reward still outweighs the risk or not.

Hey there's always being a bench fag to consider!

Hope the best for your friend

I agree my brother...do it for yourself or don't do it.

And I would rather have my ball hairs pulled out then do bench only.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
I know the feeling of torn ligaments...front quad tendon torn off knee cap. I did mine in 2009...and not to be a downer...but I have never been able to squat like I used too. Plus due to muscle imbalance I have had several micro tears in the quads..
I cant really squat anymore over 315..or I take the risk of tearing the muscle again.

No bummer, mags. I am familiar with your struggle and it's just life. And like most things it's how you respond that counts. Like Cobra said, you need to do it for you. It can be humbling, but that builds wisdom and strength.

Hawk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic