Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

"Bridge the Gap"

craig

craig

Aug 29, 2011
Thanks for the advice and support. It seems like it's been a really long journey just up till now. Still a much longer way to go!

craig

craig

Aug 29, 2011
Shoulders went OK on Tuesday. I was able to maintain my average 155lbs BB shoulder press for several sets of 5 reps with intentions of going up in weight next session. Skipped the DB shoulder press and opted to go heavier on the arnolds. Felt like a strong workout but after my right delt feels like it has a big bruise on it but no black and blue. Weird. Doesn't hurt unless I touch it. Not worried.

Yesterday was legs. I squatted 300lbs for 2 sets, first 6 reps then 4. It felt great and was a new PR for me. By the end of the deployment (Christmas) I want to be into the 1000lbs club. Should be do-able and I'm on track. After squats I did a quick rotation of 1 set per accessory exercise heavy. Finished with 20min on the eliptical. Today is chest. Bumping up in weight for the first time in a long time. Excited to see how it goes.

craig

craig

Aug 29, 2011
My week in summary:
Chest day- Performed 3 sets of 5 at an increased weight. Added even more weight and finished 2 set for my 5x5. That's an increase in work out weight of 10lbs in 2 weeks.
Back day- Deadlifted 315lbs for 4 reps and failed on 5th. Was distracted by an extreme act of rudeness I can't begin to describe in words. It would require a video reenactment. The rest of back day went really well. I was compliment when doing hammer bar curls by a warrent officer in my company saying I looked a lot better.
Shoulder day- Wasnt really a 'day' workout. Didn't make it to the gym but still wanted to keep on schedule. Did some light BB standing press, arnolds, and raises in my company gym area. Couldn't get to heavy. Wasn't pumped up. Far from a waste of time but also far from being a great workout.
Leg day- Went really well. My partner who is normally more of a squat form Nazi than I am complimented me on how good my range of motion is. My ass still isn't where I want it but I'm getting there. I attribute much of this to being properly warmed up. POB had a thread about getting your legs ready to squat before squatting. It opened my eyes and have been working on it since. Certainly didn't break and PRs on leg day. Kept volume high. Did some hammer hack squats at the end to mix things up. Felt it in my hammy's which I liked.

Some douche that shares a workspace with my threw away a 2lbs container of ON 100% Whey I had on my desk. When I confronted him about it he acted tough for about 30 seconds untill I brought him outside and told him how fucked he was in a threatening manner. He apoligized and bitched up quick but I don't think he is going to repay me. What a fuck.

craig

craig

Aug 29, 2011
My past 4 days:
Chest didn't go so well as last week. Performed 3 sets of 5 rep with no assist and then got 4 on 4th set and 3 on final. No to discouraged as last week I bumped up.
Back was great executing a set of 5 reps at 315lbs. This is 1 more rep than my previous PR for reps. Still a loooong way to go but definitely getting better.
Shoulders went great. Performed 3 sets of 5 at my workout weight. Been considering increasing weight for awhile now but the day needs to feel right. DB presses and arnolds been at the same weight for some time now.
Yesterdays leg day started a 4 day deload period of essentially just cutting weights in half and increasing volume. My partner wanted a week off from heavy and I'm sure my CNS could use it too.

Next 3 days are "light." Hopefully after I feel stronger. We'll see.

craig

craig

Aug 29, 2011
Yesterday didn't go as planned. My partner and I both decided to skip our light week on our chest day and the results were, well, eye opening. We both couldn't execute 2 sets of 5 reps of our normal workout weight. It simply felt soooo heavy. We are going to take a couple days off. Still unsure how long our break will be but we both need a CNS rest. He had a couple of what seemed like weeks off when he hurt his neck but I've been going hard for almost 2 months now. It's time.

I did get my Pitbull NS Unleashed v2.0 the other day. What Ogre said stands true in my experience as well. Light on the stims but stong on the pumps. Took it for my shoulder day and never felt my delts like that. They felt huge. The taste is the worst. Tastes like dirty sweat. The worst. Overall a good supplement especially for the price. Ended up being $25 shipped.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Yesterday didn't go as planned. My partner and I both decided to skip our light week on our chest day and the results were, well, eye opening. We both couldn't execute 2 sets of 5 reps of our normal workout weight. It simply felt soooo heavy. We are going to take a couple days off. Still unsure how long our break will be but we both need a CNS rest. He had a couple of what seemed like weeks off when he hurt his neck but I've been going hard for almost 2 months now. It's time.

I did get my Pitbull NS Unleashed v2.0 the other day. What Ogre said stands true in my experience as well. Light on the stims but stong on the pumps. Took it for my shoulder day and never felt my delts like that. They felt huge. The taste is the worst. Tastes like dirty sweat. The worst. Overall a good supplement especially for the price. Ended up being $25 shipped.

When to deload is an individual thing, but you're smart to do it when you need it. Unfortunately if you're deloading when you need to, its already too late. While you're on some time off, try and re-evaluate your program so that its periodized in such a manner that you aren't constantly shooting maxing and you are able to rest when needed.

craig

craig

Aug 29, 2011
When to deload is an individual thing, but you're smart to do it when you need it. Unfortunately if you're deloading when you need to, its already too late. While you're on some time off, try and re-evaluate your program so that its periodized in such a manner that you aren't constantly shooting maxing and you are able to rest when needed.

Your right about it being to late. I think this rest has been a long time coming. When I return to the gym the first rotation will be around 70% of my normal workout weight with the same volume.

My split needs adjustment for days off and rest. Thinking:
Day0- Legs
Day1- Chest/Tris
Day2- Rest/Cardio only
Day3- Back/Bis
Day4- Shoulders
Day 5- Rest/Cardio only
Repeat

While I'm here in Iraq it is hard for me to stay out of the gym. With a serious lack of stuff to do it's hard not to go everyday. Not sure when my deload period will be complete. Whenever I feel better I guess. Thanks for the feedback POB!

craig

craig

Aug 29, 2011
After a week of deload and 4 days on with a 1 day off break to split things up I feel much better overall. Last week went really well. I went heavy on the first leg day, hit a goal and put another 5lbs on my workout weight for flat bench, dead lifted 315 for 2 sets of 5 (PR), and shoulder pressed 165lbs for I a couple sets of 5(PR.) So far this week I've only had a leg day. Today is chest and I can't wait to hit it hard and hopefully stack on another 5lbs. Definitely feel I need to eat more. Many times throughout the day I am hungry (like right now) and have no food other than protein. Really need to get some Clif bars or something like that in my room for snacking. Can't wait to see what my next ~2 months in Iraq have in store for me.

craig

craig

Aug 29, 2011
I had a pop tart today. A 2 pack contained 75g of carbs (sugar), 10g of fat for a total of 450 calories! Damn

Off day today. Was going to do light cardio but my work day was to hard. Mission preparation and inspections were very draining. This last week went pretty well. Leg and chest day went OK with little to no progression. Back day was big with a new PR of 365lbs deadlift for 2. Shoulder day was terrible. I think I was still sore. My whole body feels wrecked again like I just started working out again after a one week deload. Could that be my CNS catching back up or am I just being a puss?

craig

craig

Aug 29, 2011
This last workout rotation went pretty well. My previous chest and tri day my partner and I were not able to workout together due to conflicting work schedules. I did less weight due to no spot. Here are some numbers from my last rotation:

Leg day
Squats 135x10 225x10 275x6 275x5 225x8 135x?15+
Did leg press but dont remember how much weight
Hack squat machine 180x10 250x10 250x10
Ass machine all weight on stack not sure on amount 3x10
Abduction machine not sure
Leg Extension max stack 145kgs 3x10

Chest day
Flat bench 190 5x5
Incline DB 70s 3x10
Decline BB 175 10, 8, 6
Fly machine whole stack 3x10
Dips unassisted 10, 8, 6 (unassisted is a new thing for me. getting stronger!)
Tricep extensions various weights and reps. included a few dropsets

Hope to get some progress pics up soon. Tomorrow is back and bis. Hopefully leaving this hell hole soon:)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic