Threads
Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter

Breaking in a belt! HELP!

G

gundo94

Sep 2, 2013
So about 4 weeks ago I ordered an Inzer 10MM forever belt in lime green. YAY!
It still hasn't come in.
I have my first powerlifting meet in 3 weeks.
Although I do train with an Inzer 10MM borrowed from someone in my gym, when I get mine I know it's not going to be nearly as broken in as his is currently.
I'm already nervous enough, I don't want to add a pinchy, stiff belt to this mess.
People say one of the best ways to break in a belt is to sweat in it, and I don't sweat that much, unless I'm in the steam room in the spa of the gym I go to.
Would it be bad to wear my belt in the steam room for a bit? I'd put it under a hoodie to keep it from getting direct contact with the moisture.
Any other suggestions? I've heard of rolling it tight from normal to inside out, using some mink oil, using suede conditioner, rubbing alcohol, petroleum jelly, putting a cinder block on it when its rolled, driving over it with your car while its rolled.
Some of these make me nervous, because this is one of the biggest purchases I've made for weightlifting EVER, and I don't want to do something wrong, but feedback would be appreciated.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I wrapped mine in a towel and ran it over. Didn't seem to do much. Mostly just rolling it tight inside and out has helped. Just beat the crap out of it.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Can you use the borrowed belt for the meet ?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I agree with RR. Use the belt you've been training with. Don't throw yourself off on meet day. Then start using your new one right away.

O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
Never use new equipment on meet day, as far as breaking it in, I always just wore it, all the above ideas will help

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Lather in shaving cream and then bake in oven for about an hour at 200 degrees. Take out, let somewhat (to the point you can wear it) and then put it on and wear it around the house for a few hours. Repeat as many times as necessary. Barbasol is cheap and works fine. It's an old baseball glove trick that I've used on belts successfully.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I agree with RR. Use the belt you've been training with. Don't throw yourself off on meet day. Then start using your new one right away.

x2

I've never done anything special to break in a belt; just wear it while lifting...

G

gundo94

Sep 2, 2013
He said if I don't feel comfortable in my belt I can borrow his if I have to.

B

Bulldog75

Mar 17, 2014
You may not have a choice but to use the borrowed belt! Sometimes those specialty colored belts take forever to get! It was like 2 months before I got one that I ordered. It's a great belt! It was worth the wait! I just wished I'd have known before hand how long they take to make them.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
He said if I don't feel comfortable in my belt I can borrow his if I have to.

YES. Borrow it if you can!

you don't want to change anything for meet day.

Once the meet is over you can make the change to your new belt and get comfortable with it.

i have the 10mm inzer lever belt and it took me about a month or so to adjust to it.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Borrow an old one for sure if it makes a difference to you.

After the meet just start using it. Beating it up just makes it softer all over. Breaking it in through actual use will make it fit you perfectly ...... after it breaks in......

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I rolled mine up as tight as I could get it and stuck it on the dash board of my truck for a weekend. Made a huge difference. The heat as sad mentioned is quite the accelerator for the break in process

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic