Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Botched Shot

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
In the first incident you said it was the last bit of compound in the bottle. I have seen more issues with those shots than any others. The oil either gets a bit more concentrated, the compound is coming out of solution or the contaminants have settled to the bottom and you just sucked them up.

Was this last injection also the bottom of the vial?

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Update on this:

Since that shot in my right quad, i have since had injections into the left quad, left delt, and right delt. All with no issue. A little more pip than usual in the right delt but nothing to make me think twice about anything.

Fast forward to this past Monday evening, i did my inject into my right glute with a 1 inch pin. This time the swelling and pain is even worse than that right quad shot in my original post. Ive never used larger than a 1 inch in the glute and never had any type of issue. i am fairly lean and not a very large dude.

I did legs on Tuesday morning and had a terrible workout. Part of that is because i am 8 weeks into anavar and the back pumps on leg day have been unbearable the last 2-3 weeks. Cut the workout short and spent some good time stretching. Really felt worn out and fatigued that whole day. Wednesday rolled around and i felt like absolute garbage. The pain in my glute is extreme, and causing discomfort all down my leg and lower back. In addition to that, i really started to feel run down, clammy, worn out, fatigued, and like everything just hurt and ached. Sensitive skin, my shirt hurt my skin. Started taking my temperature around 8pm or so lastnight, got as high as 100.9. Took it twice throughout the night and it was 98.4-98.8. Ive only been taking some aspirin here and there. Was so uncomfortable in bed all night i could barely sleep. Could not position myself to where my glute was not throbbing in pain. As the night went on, the pain my glute moderated a bit, but then i was up for some time because i had tension and pain all down the outside of my upper leg and severe aching all around my right knee. I had to get up at one point and stretch it was that uncomfortable.

Ive been doing alot of reading on infections and abscesses. Yes it is warm to the touch and i did have a low grade fever. The swelling is hard to the touch, not soft and spongy. In addition, the swelling itself is a good couple of inches to the left, right, and down of where the actual inject was, its takes up a pretty good portion of my right glute, and is very sore to the touch. Perhaps it was too quick of an inject and the oil did not pocket itself in and rather disbursed throughout a larger area and ended up subq to some extent. It comes and goes as far as being super severe and limping, to just being manageable. But now the aching in the knee is just uncomfortable. My temp has been under 99 since middle of the night.

Im thinking that i may have injected into a nerve, or too close to a nerve. Maybe that was the case with both of these injects. The one last week in my quad went away almost 100% within a few days. This one didnt really start to be a problem until mid day Tuesday, so im trying to give it into tomorrow/Saturday to see it subside a bit. Im thinking nerve because to me that would help explain the discomfort going down the leg into the knee. Nothing is visible to the eye except the glute being swollen, which it certainly is quite swollen. No visible veins, bruising, dark spots, etc.

Im contemplating maybe going to an urgent care to get an antibiotic. I just dont know how honest i can be with them and say i stuck a needle in my ass and now i need an antibiotic, and not risk them notating my record and submitting to insurance.

Either way, i think i am taking a break from pinning anywhere below the waist for a while. My upper body shots have been fine. If its an infection, im not blaming the gear, id blame a bad inject on my behalf. Ive been using the current oils since May, with these 2 shots being the only of any issue. Ive also been using this supplier for about 3 years now. The only time i have ever experienced pain and swelling like this is anytime i have tried to inject in the calf. Which i dont do at all anymore since it leaves me unable to walk for a week and cankles.

I will say, i did recently slightly increase the amount of oil in my shots around the time of that quad inject. Maybe a week or 2 prior. Im doing about .7 ML of a 350mg/ml sust, and .5 ML of a 200mg/ml Mast E, each shot twice per week. Perhaps pinning in the legs with the larger amount of higher concentrated sust is not agreeing with me well.

Through past experience, these instances have always subsided on their own. Sometimes 2-3 days, sometimes a full week. These 2 have just been the worse in regard to pain and size of the swelling. If it was an abscess, id imagine the overall size of the swelling may be more confined to just the abscess itself. This seems to be much larger of an area, very hard to the touch, and feels like it needs to be stretched out but is too sore and too tight.
Again sorry to hear. Sounds like a nightmare we have all been through.
Awhile ago I was injecting in my shoulder with a known painless product and I must have inserted the needle at a bad angle because as soon as I injected it felt like battery acid. I was screaming yanked the needle out and it continued to burn for another hour. It was hot to touch and over the next few days was hot knotted up and bruised all the way down my arm. I was sick and sore for a few days and had started Augmentin.
If you have to go to the ER tell them you got bit by a spider in bed.

Puff88

Puff88

Dec 28, 2022
In the first incident you said it was the last bit of compound in the bottle. I have seen more issues with those shots than any others. The oil either gets a bit more concentrated, the compound is coming out of solution or the contaminants have settled to the bottom and you just sucked them up.

Was this last injection also the bottom of the vial?
Yes but I have also had 3 other shots in between with no issue.

Puff88

Puff88

Dec 28, 2022
I'm really thinking that I hit or came too close with too much oil to my sciatic nerve. That's the only way I can explain the throbbing achy pain down the outside of my quad, outside of my knew, now down the outside off my calf to my ankle. The glute is sore and swollen. The rest is just an annoying ache, like something was pulled or needs to be stretched.

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
Update on this:

Since that shot in my right quad, i have since had injections into the left quad, left delt, and right delt. All with no issue. A little more pip than usual in the right delt but nothing to make me think twice about anything.

Fast forward to this past Monday evening, i did my inject into my right glute with a 1 inch pin. This time the swelling and pain is even worse than that right quad shot in my original post. Ive never used larger than a 1 inch in the glute and never had any type of issue. i am fairly lean and not a very large dude.

I did legs on Tuesday morning and had a terrible workout. Part of that is because i am 8 weeks into anavar and the back pumps on leg day have been unbearable the last 2-3 weeks. Cut the workout short and spent some good time stretching. Really felt worn out and fatigued that whole day. Wednesday rolled around and i felt like absolute garbage. The pain in my glute is extreme, and causing discomfort all down my leg and lower back. In addition to that, i really started to feel run down, clammy, worn out, fatigued, and like everything just hurt and ached. Sensitive skin, my shirt hurt my skin. Started taking my temperature around 8pm or so lastnight, got as high as 100.9. Took it twice throughout the night and it was 98.4-98.8. Ive only been taking some aspirin here and there. Was so uncomfortable in bed all night i could barely sleep. Could not position myself to where my glute was not throbbing in pain. As the night went on, the pain my glute moderated a bit, but then i was up for some time because i had tension and pain all down the outside of my upper leg and severe aching all around my right knee. I had to get up at one point and stretch it was that uncomfortable.

Ive been doing alot of reading on infections and abscesses. Yes it is warm to the touch and i did have a low grade fever. The swelling is hard to the touch, not soft and spongy. In addition, the swelling itself is a good couple of inches to the left, right, and down of where the actual inject was, its takes up a pretty good portion of my right glute, and is very sore to the touch. Perhaps it was too quick of an inject and the oil did not pocket itself in and rather disbursed throughout a larger area and ended up subq to some extent. It comes and goes as far as being super severe and limping, to just being manageable. But now the aching in the knee is just uncomfortable. My temp has been under 99 since middle of the night.

Im thinking that i may have injected into a nerve, or too close to a nerve. Maybe that was the case with both of these injects. The one last week in my quad went away almost 100% within a few days. This one didnt really start to be a problem until mid day Tuesday, so im trying to give it into tomorrow/Saturday to see it subside a bit. Im thinking nerve because to me that would help explain the discomfort going down the leg into the knee. Nothing is visible to the eye except the glute being swollen, which it certainly is quite swollen. No visible veins, bruising, dark spots, etc.

Im contemplating maybe going to an urgent care to get an antibiotic. I just dont know how honest i can be with them and say i stuck a needle in my ass and now i need an antibiotic, and not risk them notating my record and submitting to insurance.

Either way, i think i am taking a break from pinning anywhere below the waist for a while. My upper body shots have been fine. If its an infection, im not blaming the gear, id blame a bad inject on my behalf. Ive been using the current oils since May, with these 2 shots being the only of any issue. Ive also been using this supplier for about 3 years now. The only time i have ever experienced pain and swelling like this is anytime i have tried to inject in the calf. Which i dont do at all anymore since it leaves me unable to walk for a week and cankles.

I will say, i did recently slightly increase the amount of oil in my shots around the time of that quad inject. Maybe a week or 2 prior. Im doing about .7 ML of a 350mg/ml sust, and .5 ML of a 200mg/ml Mast E, each shot twice per week. Perhaps pinning in the legs with the larger amount of higher concentrated sust is not agreeing with me well.

Through past experience, these instances have always subsided on their own. Sometimes 2-3 days, sometimes a full week. These 2 have just been the worse in regard to pain and size of the swelling. If it was an abscess, id imagine the overall size of the swelling may be more confined to just the abscess itself. This seems to be much larger of an area, very hard to the touch, and feels like it needs to be stretched out but is too sore and too tight.
This brought back some bad memories , keep an eye on it. Get your antibiotics in you and if it gets tighter n tighter or feels like its swelling keeps getting hotter or starts to itch and shows any sign of discoloration find some way to get it looked at.

Been down this road. For me it was bad, I wont go into the too many of the details but no one wants a grape n strawberry milk shake drained from their leg.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
That is interesting for sure. The only time I remember someone having issues similar was with a B-12 shot with a 1" into the thigh, hit a vascular area and it blew up right away. It ended up becoming cellulitis and required surgery and a very long healing process from the inside out with constant daily irrigation, IV antibiotics until the wound was closed. She waited until it was almost an emergency situation, could have lost her leg. Can't see how it would be an infection when all the other areas are fine and site prep and technique is the same.

Puff88

Puff88

Dec 28, 2022
I don't think it's cellulitis as it does not appear to be a skin issue, it's clearly deeper under in the muscle.

So yesterday evening from about 4-7pm it felt the worse it probably did all day. It was so sore and so tight, I was limping, and sitting down and getting back up was miserable. Little felt like an old man trying to get off the couch. The aching down the leg and around the knee was also the worse yet. I took a baby aspirin around 730 and laid down. By 9-10pm I felt so much relief. No pain when laying down at all, only when I would go to get up and walk, and no aching anywhere else. I actually slept great too. It didn't bother me at all in bed, complete opposite from the night before - I couldn't rest at all just throbbing pain all night long no matter what position I laid. My temperature all day yesterday was 99.1 or lower. So fever was a 1 day thing. Now that I am awake and up, I still have soreness in the glute and still swollen, though not as swollen as the last 2 days. The pain now feels just a bit worse than normal pip.

I'm getting ready to go to the gym. Will hit chest today. Still feel like the glute will bother me sitting on a bench, but should be able to get through. Yesterday afternoon even thinking about the gym for today I said not a chance, I couldn't even move. Haven't played with my kids the last 2 days because I can barely move around and once I shut down for work all I wanted was to lay on the couch.

I'm taking a break from lower body pins for a while. Think I had poor shot placement on these 2 examples for some reason and they really set me back, especially this last one in the glute.

I just pinned the same product and same amount in the left bicep. Will see how it goes. Anything other than cyp or enan in bicep and I usually do get a little pip, but I'll be keeping an eye on it to see if it is anything worse. I'll be sure to post back tomorrow/Sunday and keep yall posted.

Jrod

Jrod

Jun 30, 2022
Do you heat up your vial in a small container of hot water?
I do this every time before I draw up the oil so that it reheats and makes everything suspend smoothly in the bottle.
I do micro dose with 1cc 5/8 27g slin pins and use no more than .5 to .75cc per site.
Works well after reheating and shaking the vial.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic