Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Body Mods

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
No attorney could work here looking anything less than 100% professional, suit and tie. Some staff (ones that don't see clients) get away with tats that show, but I don't think we have any domestic staff that are heavy pierced. Overseas might be different, I know Germany gets away with more face jewelry in general.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
I see nothing wrong with being sleeved out. But as long as u can cover them. The bottom of my tat stops 2 or 3 inchs above my wrist. Idk why people get face and neck tattoos u can never cover that shit.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I would not want any ear spacings or whatever they are called or anything the will prevent me from employment..I think if you have disks in your ears and shit on your face you probably will not be working for anyone besides fast food places.

I'm an R/D engineer. And I'm all tatted up with more to come, and gauged up ears. I do a lot of meet and greets with compaines and potential customers. My employer never has asked me once to cover up my tattoos or remove my ear rings. Now depending on the dress attire for a business dinner i'll remove the earrings.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I'm an R/D engineer. And I'm all tatted up with more to come, and gauged up ears. I do a lot of meet and greets with compaines and potential customers. My employer never has asked me once to cover up my tattoos or remove my ear rings. Now depending on the dress attire for a business dinner i'll remove the earrings.

Do you take the ear pieces out when you train at the Martial Arts Academy ?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Tats , piercings, even Ubangi ear holes depends on the field of work your in. Most white collar jobs, you won't get and if you do you will be required to remove or cover them. It's absolutely legal to require you to remove them, called dress code

M

Misti

TID Lady Member
Apr 22, 2013
Tats , piercings, even Ubangi ear holes depends on the field of work your in. Most white collar jobs, you won't get and if you do you will be required to remove or cover them. It's absolutely legal to require you to remove them, called dress code

Oh snap granite. Ya got me on the dress code. Damnit I'm smarter than that!

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Tats and piercings may not matter much or at all in certain industries and occupations. Particularly if they are covered up by clothing or if you are not dealing with the public at all or on any significant personal level.

But if you plan to go very high up the ladder in most companies and industries, visible ink on men and women and visible piercings on men (and unconventional piercings on women) still are a hindrance. It's highly unlikely you'd even get your foot in the door with many companies in many fields. People stereotype, no matter what they say. They form an instant impression of you the moment they see you, and these and other perceived flaws in one's appearance send a message to potential employers, clientele, etc.

Without trying to offend anyone, I'll just state honestly that it is highly unlikely that I would never feel comfortable handing my money, personal info, legal matters, personal and family health matters, etc over to a financial advisor, banker, lawyer, accountant, or doctor who looks like a gangsta, grunge rocker, or a ferris wheel operator at the Matt Armstrong carnival. And many, many people feel the same way. All else equal (competence, experience, background, etc), I'll take my more personal business matters to someone who presents themselves professionally over someone who doesn't. And the majority out there in those fields still DO present themselves professionally.

sjb1962

sjb1962

Aug 21, 2012
I must say that this has been an interesting thread to follow... Posts on both sides, several good points, IMO no one crossed the line with their replies...

All I can add is while I'm more on the conservative side with my appearance, I don't mind seeing a tasteful tattoo every now and then.

One thing that does bother me is when you see someone all tatted up and driving a real p.o.s. car, or on welfare, or... makes me wonder why would you spend all that money on tats when you have so may more important things that you need that money for...

Cosmokramer

Cosmokramer

MuscleHead
May 6, 2013
Too each is own I guess.I have one tat and it is on my bicep,not getting anymore.

B

body_by_donuts

Jul 5, 2011
I want to modify my penis a few inches or 12

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic