Joannafit
What's New?

Bi vs Uni-Lateral Arm Training for me

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
I'm 7.5 months post-RC Repair surgery (rotator cuff). During the last few months or so as i've ramped up my workouts, trying to get back to what I was doing before surgery (yea i know that takes awhile lol).
I'm, of course, now faced with one arm that is much stronger than the other on some/most things. Duh, of course!

As I have been training bi's and tri's, I have been doing more unilateral training, but i am incorporating at least 1-2 moves that incorporate the use of both arms.
For instance, for bi's.......i have done EZbar curl and say rope curls on cable machine that use both arms. Then I would do db curls, but for me, i have to use 2 diff weights.....20lb for my normal arm and i'm now up to 10 lbs on my repaired arm. For the moves I do bilateral (using both arms), i just use a weight that is challenging enough for the repaired arm.

Would it be more beneficial for my road to back to being normal to do all unilateral for these movements? Rather than using both arms? Am I thinking about this too much? (afterall, i am woman and that is what we do right??? hahaha).

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
DO UNI
after my bicep tear I had to do uni if you try bilateral with just enough for ur repaired arm ur still giving it aid from the good arm
my repaired bicep is now stronger than my other and larger just a tad
same with my pec---a lot of land mine one side and cable curls one side

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic